tjd

Guvercinlik restaurant name.
Anyone know the name of the restaurant which is the first on the right hand side as you head into the area where the market is held? Sorry that's not very descriptive is it. The restaurant has a large wooden area to the left and an old stone house on the right where the kitchen is, and is run by a guy with very good English but none of the other staff seem to be able to speak any English.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Lovely place Terry , cannot remember the name of it for toffee... but is it this one

Balikci Hasan in Yeri

Eleven days until we arrive , will you be out there ?

Steve.

Last edited:

tjd

Lovely place Terry , cannot remember the name of it for toffee... but is it this one

Balikci Hasan in Yeri

Eleven days until we arrive , will you be out there ?

Steve.

Thanks Steve, that could be the old name, I can remembers when Hasans place was the other side of the harbour. Don't know if it's the name under the new management. I think Hasans place in now up in the village close to the bakery.

We have had great food in it previously but this time, we went with a group of friends and it was just awful, no menu, no prices, except when hard pressed, off hand attitude, yesterday's bread, only renewed when we asked twice, and no replacement bread, even after asking. Had to ask 3 times when the main courses would arrive and they all arrived at different times. Only consolation was the fish was superb when it did come. To crown it all we had a vegetarian in the group and as the waiter was clearing the table he managed to drag the skeleton of my fish over her arm!!
Won't be going back in a hurry, so disappointed.

We are here until the 29th June, then back again end of Sept, both daughters getting married this year, one in mid Sept near St Emilion, so we should be able to enjoy a decent glass of red. Next year should be different, as I intend to retire in April, so we should have longer periods out here, that's the plan but we all know how life can throw something in the way.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Thanks Terry, we will be there end of Sept , give you a call on the Turkcell moblie.

Happy summer and good luck with the Wedding celebrations , every happiness for your Daughter's futures.

Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom