Gunulcelen
Hi all in Gumusluk,just to let anyone who is around on the 16th of may we will be opening our new roof terrace after a lot of hard work,it is looking good and will offer something something new in gumusluk,stunning views over Turgutries right over to lasos,
there will be food and music and a few surprizes!all wellcome but call any time as the down stairs bar and cafe are always open.

essie

Gunulcelen
Us too! So glad it's the day after I get back from the UK 'cos I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. We know how hard you have all worked in getting not only the new roof terrance up and running, but the Bar and Cafe too is a credit to you.It has good food, great atmosphere, good friends, a lovely mix of Turkish and non-Turkish customers and you care.....well done!!
Lesley and Dave XX

Gunulcelen
Great news Ken we are over on the 23rd May with the girls! My parents are coming over a week later, I've told them about your placeand we are all looking forward to seeing you, Jim & Nasrin. Rob, Julia, Issi & Ellie

gipsybabe

Gunulcelen
Ahhhh, sad as that's the night after we leave to come back to UK. never mind we will hopefully see it in all it's glory before we go. Looking fwd to seeing you all on the 9th.
S
x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Gunulcelen
Hi Ken, We have been to Gumusluk many times and am sad to say that we have never come across your restaurant. Having read posts and this particular thread we want to pay a visit this time round, we're coming over on 2nd May for 2 weeks, sadly we'll miss your opening of the roof terrace as it's the day we go back to UK. We have our own apartment in Gumuskaya so not far from Gumusluk. So, please can you give us directions and we'll be there.

Thanks in advance, Lesley

Gunulcelen
Hi Lesley,as you go past the jandarma go stright and up the hill towards the main village we are 100mts on the left as you go past the turgutries turn off,large white building with blue windows just painted so hard to miss,it would good to meet up.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Gunulcelen
Hi Lesley,as you go past the jandarma go stright and up the hill towards the main village we are 100mts on the left as you go past the turgutries turn off,large white building with blue windows just painted so hard to miss,it would good to meet up.

Thank you Ken we will see you within the next 2 weeks, look forward to meeting you, btw I'm a retired (young) and loving it Civil Servant, lol. I served for 33 years so thinkI deserve it. See you soon, take care.

Lesley & Larry

Gail

Gunulcelen
:cheers:We will definitely be there, we may not remember being there but we will be :cheers:

Gunulcelen
dont worry Gail that is why we put the toughend glass around the balcony so you dont go flying over the edge as we do our famous jive!! pity I did not land on top of you on sat night in stead off you landing on me,no complaints tho!see you wed.

Gunulcelen
Hı Ken

We have just arrıved ın Gumusluk so wıll look forward to comıng ınto the bar and meetıng you. In fact we wıll most probably come down tonıght --Tuesday!
Look forward to seeıng you--get the dry whıte wıne chılled please--Jane

Wardentree

Aktas Gumusluk/Spalding
Gunulcelen
Hi Ken

Had a great day on friday Lesley Steve and me popped in for lunch and ended up having tea there as well as the food was so good.
We are back on the 15th so we will be there for the opening its going to be a good night.

Martin.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Gunulcelen
We had a lovely afternoon yesterday. We cycled from Turgutreis. What lovely scenery all along the way. Fields of red poppies and other blue and yellow wild flowers with chickens wandering about. It was like living in a "Monet" painting!
When we got to the village we found your restaurant and were made welcome immediately. We had a delicious mouth watering meal which we really appreciated as we had worked up quite an appetite. It was great to meet Pat, Marcella and the others who invited us to join them. What lovely customers you have there.
The restaurant is set out beautifully, white walls with blue windows and wooden tables. The geraniums in their terracotta pots looked stunning against the blue handrails as you go up to the roof terrace. The 360 degree views from there are a sight to see. I'm getting inspired to do a painting.
Thanks for the tip on the short cut, yes it did shorten our trip home. We are really looking forward to going back again.
:hungry:

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Gunulcelen
The 16th will be our last night (as we fly home at 'sparrowfart' on the 17th - but I'm sure Miss MP might be tempted to attend

Gunulcelen
We had a lovely afternoon yesterday. We cycled from Turgutreis. What lovely scenery all along the way. Fields of red poppies and other blue and yellow wild flowers with chickens wandering about. It was like living in a "Monet" painting!
When we got to the village we found your restaurant and were made welcome immediately. We had a delicious mouth watering meal which we really appreciated as we had worked up quite an appetite. It was great to meet Pat, Marcella and the others who invited us to join them. What lovely customers you have there.
The restaurant is set out beautifully, white walls with blue windows and wooden tables. The geraniums in their terracotta pots looked stunning against the blue handrails as you go up to the roof terrace. The 360 degree views from there are a sight to see. I'm getting inspired to do a painting.
Thanks for the tip on the short cut, yes it did shorten our trip home. We are really looking forward to going back again.
:hungry:

Thank you Noreen,
Very well put and that was before we have even finished the work,the down stairs terrace will be ready for sunday brunch all new tables and chairs,so should look even better it was nice to meet you both again,your wellcom anytime and if you do a painting maybe we could bye a print LOL.
Chat soon Jim and ken.

Last edited:

Guz1

Gunulcelen
Sounds lovely. Might put it on my list of places to visit. Where is Gumusluk? Would it be within day-tripping distance of Guzelcamli?

mollag

Kipper restorer
Gunulcelen
Hi Guz1
We have done Guz to Gum and back in a day as we have good friends in Guz. Leave early, get home late-ish and you can have lunch and a laze in Gumusluk.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom