jeff

bayview
Gumbet hotel spa treatment
Just seen this on Daily Mail website:

Holiday from hell for teenage Brit left looking like a 'burns victim' after Turkish spa treatment

By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 1:55 PM on 21st June 2009

A teenager's trip to Turkey turned to disaster when a beauty treatment at a luxury spa left her looking like a 'burns victim'.

Pretty Kate Green, 19, spent four days in a Turkish hospital after being 'butchered' by an exfoliating session at a four-star hotel.

The blonde hairdresser, from Bedminster, Bristol, had been whisked away on the week-long romantic holiday by her boyfriend Rhys Hales, 20.
Enlarge Kate Green in a hospital in Turkey having treatment for her 'burned' skin

Kate Green in a hospital in Turkey having treatment for her 'burned' skin

But she was left in agony after a spa day at the Mira Luna Hotel in Gumbet, Bodrum just two days into the holiday.

The teenager claims the treatment stripped skin from her arms, shoulders and back - leaving her unable to go out in the sun.

Kate said: 'I can't believe the hotel has allowed people who were clearly not qualified to work in the spa - it totally ruined our holiday.

'I was left in agony for days following what should have been a simple treatment - you just don't expect to be butchered during a spa day.

'The pain was so bad I had to go to hospital - the doctors said I looked like a burns victim but personally I think I looked more like I had fallen off a motorbike.

'I would urge anyone going to have a spa treatment to be careful where they have it done, I'm still in pain from a simple spa day.'

Kate and Rhys jetted out on their week-long Turkish holiday on May 29 after booking with Thomas Cook in Bedminster, Bristol.

On the second day of the trip, the teenager indulged in a pampering session in the hotel's spa but was horrified when an exfoliating session left her skin 'hanging off'.
Kate Green's peeling skin

Agony: Kate Green's skin peeled so badly she looked like she had 'fallen off a motorbike'. Photo: SWNS

After complaining, Kate was told she had sensitive skin which had reacted badly and advised to come back the following day for a further sessions to correct it.

Staff said she needed extensive moisturising treatment, followed by a rigorous exfoliating session.

But instead of soothing Kate's injuries, the treatment stripped four layers layers of skin off her back, arms and shoulders.

Kate was forced to spend four days in hospital and was warned by doctors not to spend any time in the sun - ruining her holiday.

She said: 'It was terrible - we were unable to go too far as I had to go back to the hospital everyday to have my bandages changed.

'And on the rare occasion we had enough time to get away, I was unable to go out in the sunlight because it was just too painful.

'We had planned all these fun days out yet we couldn't do anything because of my injuries - so while everyone else was having fun I was left sat in the shade.

'This has totally ruined what could have been a dream holiday for us and to make it worse they haven't even offered us any compensation - I'm disgusted.'

A spokesman for Thomas Cook said: 'We take all reports of injury to our guests very seriously so we were very concerned to hear that Ms Green became unwell while she was on holiday.

'We have only recently been made aware of this incident and we will now undertake a full investigation.'

Gumbet hotel spa treatment
I hate to be doom and gloom but when I have any bodily treatments in the UK, such as massages etc, I check to make sure the place has a good rep and that the therapists hold qualifications.

Holiday makes people less inclined to check the skill of the therapists. I do hope this young girl recovers well, and she will, but people should take care who they let maul them...especially if they have sensitive skin or allergies etc

Latest Posts

Top Bottom