bnira

gulluk water quality
Hi all hope you do not mind me posting a question here but we are about to book a holiday for next year in gulluk as my daughter wants to get married in Bodrum .We searched and found the lovely gulluk ,as we were about to book some apartments I came accross numerous reports about the water pollution from both fish farms and domestic sewage .Could anyone here please tell me that this isnt true about Gullek as we were very much looking forward to staying here .Many thanks for your help Brian

Akasya

Postless Pointer
gulluk water quality
Gulluk is a port, all sorts and sizes of ship, boat, trawler ply their trade on a daily basis. As a first choice i would not swim Gulluk side, however just around the headland Bogazici / Tuzla side of Gulluk bay, which is a couple of hundred metres away, the water looks fine as do the beaches. We choose to visit Gulluk because it is a lovely Turkish town of great charm.

Steve.

lynne

gulluk water quality
Not quite the answer you are looking for but might help people with property in Gulluk.........My Turkish neighbour has a house in Gulluk that he rents out.
He told me last year that the council mixes sea water with the tap water and to always use something like Calgon in washing & dish washer machines to help prevent limescale.
By the way if your daughter is getting married in Bodrum Town you will have a 45 minute journey from Gulluk if you stay there.
Hope its a good wedding !

gulluk water quality
I have a friend (turkish) she says she wont swim in the sea there, her sister lives in gumusluk at gumsan so she comes down here at the weekends to swim, also in and around yashi beach area... hope this helps.

gillkev

Gilly
gulluk water quality
We have a property at Beach Residence just out side of Gulluk and we visit early June and will be back again in September. I Swim in the sea and so do the children with no ill effects. I have never seen raw sewage. We have seen lots of fish, crabs and such like. I think you will need calgon and such like where ever you are in Bodrum we stayed in a rented villa just out side Bodrum for many years before we bought our appartment and were always asked to use a water softner.

Hope this helps

Gilly

debmax

gulluk water quality
I have an apartment in Oba beach, just along from Gulluk. I have never thought twice about swimming in the sea, it's so clear. Even further along nearly in the town all the local children swim in the sea and I would have no hesitation in doing so myself.

bnira

gulluk water quality
many thanks to you all for getting back to me ,perhaps the seawater quality issues have been overblown .We were concerned as we all like to spend a lot of time on holiday swimming in the sea andI had read about poor sea quality in gulluk bay .Once again many thanks Brian

themstringers

gulluk water quality
Hi Brian if you check the replies you have got you will find the posts knocking Gulluk are outsiders i have an appartment in Oba on the outskirts of gulluk i was there in june and 1 thing i did notice was the locals swimming in the sea from about 6 am every morning and some of them went a long way out too so take notice of people with property in Gulluk the water is ok,have a nice holiday.ERIC

gillkev

Gilly
gulluk water quality
When we were out in June the beach opposite Beach Residence was used by the local Army there either ran down to the beach or were bused in daily and they were in the water from approx 9.30 to lunch time,

Stevie Boy

Stevie Boy
gulluk water quality
Hi we have recently purchased an apartment that we rent out in Gulluk, as it is a new build we have just given it to reccomended people and family this year, we were there in May and can only confirm what we saw and the reports back from those people. The sea and water condition was fine in May, recent users of our apartment tell us swimming in the sea was fine and they had a great time. We are there is September and will check it out ourselves and report back if you can wait that long.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the wedding.

Talkinman

gulluk water quality
We also have a place in Gulluk and can assure you the quality of the sea water is fine. The locals use all the beaches and can be seen fishing all through the town and also by the port.
There are cafes and bars by the sea and it is teaming with fish which look healthy. The local Moyor has been spending on the beaches in the town and they compare well with others in Turkey.
Be assured you will have a great time in and around Gulluk.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom