Mag

Guided Tours
We have a full day to spend in Istanbul next month, and wonder if anyone can recommed any guided tours of the city or tour operators to book with.

Thanks
Mag

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Guided Tours
When i was on a cruise it called into Istanbul . The cruise rep tryed to sell me a tour of IST but it included a river boat lunch and 2 hours in the grand bazar , 2 hours i'd need 2 days . the price was £30 . she said it was.nt safe to go alone into the city ? also said 9 million people live there LOL ??? Early next day i got a taxi i asked driver to take me to the sites { except river boat } We went all over the place blue mosque big church ottaman houses . Shopping . football pitch etc Price £20 and i bought his lunch . So if you know what you want to see consider taxi.s I enjoyed it more than a guided tour I looked at what i wanted to not what they wanted me too ....Diane

Reactions: Mag

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Guided Tours
are you there in transit flying with turkish airlines ?
if so they do a free city tour

martin

pipermam

Guided Tours
Turkish Airlines will only do a free city if you are what they call an international transit passenger. My sister-in-law thought that the free city tour would be available to her but because she was coming from Bodrum (a domestic airport) and flying to Dublin they said she didn't qualify........we even tried to clarify this in advance with them at the ticket desk in Dublin. They thought she would qualify but this was not the case in Istanbul.
And guess what the luggage tag said on her bag..............international transfer.
If you have a day in Istanbul you don't need a guided tour if you want to see Sultanahmet.
I would suggest a visit to Topkapi palace making sure to include the harem. You can rent audioguides that give all the information you need. And you are within close walking distance of Hagia Sophia the Blue Mosque and the underground cisterns.
If you want to see the Bosphorus you are better to take the normal ferry instead of the tours as if you take the right one it goes right up to the end, with the tours don't and it is a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Mag

Latest Posts

Top Bottom