Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Growing Tomatoes Upside Down
One of the varieties we're growing are the tumbling ones, they are in a large hanging basket and should be ready to eat soon. I love tomatoes and eat lots of tomatoes because of how good they are for our Livers ( after my intake of alcohol), the shop varieties here are all so tasteless, but when in Turkey I buy kilos of them and have them every day, they are so good. My favourite is to grill them sprinkle with basil and balsamic vinegar on brown bread toasted, blummin yummy. I'm drooling now.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
One of the varieties we're growing are the tumbling ones, they are in a large hanging basket and should be ready to eat soon. I love tomatoes and eat lots of tomatoes because of how good they are for our Livers ( after my intake of alcohol), the shop varieties here are all so tasteless, but when in Turkey I buy kilos of them and have them every day, they are so good. My favourite is to grill them sprinkle with basil and balsamic vinegar on brown bread toasted, blummin yummy. I'm drooling now.
Yes! l know the shop varieties are mainly artificially grown in large greenhouses,importe from the canaries and with a solution that seems to alter the skins texture that taste like cardboard.
l always have grown organically.This is the best method for producing supreme tasty fruit and veg.
lt's nice to hear from you,on how you have got the bug in growing your own.lt gives one a sense of achievment with rewards from nature that are always free if used correctly.

Guz1

Sunny Seasider: I love tomatoes. My mother fried them, drained the grease out of the pan, poured in cold tea, added salt & pepper, let the tea come to the boil and reduce. Result: slushy tomatoes in a lovely dippy gravy for fresh bread and butter. Delicious with fried egg, sausages, black & white pudding.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Yes! l know the shop varieties are mainly artificially grown in large greenhouses,importe from the canaries and with a solution that seems to alter the skins texture that taste like cardboard.
l always have grown organically.This is the best method for producing supreme tasty fruit and veg.
lt's nice to hear from you,on how you have got the bug in growing your own.lt gives one a sense of achievment with rewards from nature that are always free if used correctly.

Thank you Bob, can't wait for the toms to mature ready to eat. Please have a look at the thread First crop of potatoes, and thank you again for your advice early in the process, they were blummin delish, can't wait till we dig up the next lot, lol.

Lesley

Sunny Seasider: I love tomatoes. My mother fried them, drained the grease out of the pan, poured in cold tea, added salt & pepper, let the tea come to the boil and reduce. Result: slushy tomatoes in a lovely dippy gravy for fresh bread and butter. Delicious with fried egg, sausages, black & white pudding.

Maria, I will def have to try this one, except for the egg (allergic), not joking I eat huge amounts of tomatoes, for breakfast, in salads, just on their own, (delish when just picked from your very own garden). Love black and white puddings, now that's another passion, lol. For most of the year here in the UK, the shop bought are just tasteless, Bob summed it up when he said that the skins are like cardboard.

Lesley

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisBobs

Good news: the first TARLA tomatoes are now around and taste superb. So for those in the markets this week - ask if they are SERA ( greenhouse) or TARLA- field.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom