bobthenob

Non Active Member
Growing fingernails
l am convinced finger and toe nails grow a lot faster here in Turkey then it does in Britian.When l have cut my nails,by next week they have grown back to almost the same length.
Why is that.
has any one noticed this strange phenomena

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Growing fingernails
No.
Is there any limit to the things you want to share with everyone? Nose hair growth, ear wax production, waxing pubic hair - one can only guess what comes next.

Ian

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Growing fingernails
Well bob, I actually agree with you, my nails always grow better when im abroad especially in Turkey, they are a lot stronger. Must be the diet, but yes , I must be as sad as you in noticing this !!!!!!!

Eve

Growing fingernails
l am convinced finger and toe nails grow a lot faster here in Turkey then it does in Britian.When l have cut my nails,by next week they have grown back to almost the same length.
Why is that.
has any one noticed this strange phenomena

Yes we also noticed it too here in Marmaris. I think my hair also grows quicker as I have always got the scissors out chopping that too. We said it must be the diet or the water!!!

Growing fingernails
Trust you Gail to get the claws out LOL, Bob is it not also true that your nails grow on after you die? or is that an urban myth.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Growing fingernails
Can you all collect your clippings, weigh them, then compare it with clippings from a similar period in UK, then report back?

Ian

Gail

Growing fingernails
Hair and nails grow faster in sunny climates it has something to do with the body having to work harder to cool the body down which causes the blood to circulate faster which causes your hair and nails to grow faster - I asked the same question to my hairdresser in UK a couple of years ago :) Hence everyone's long claws and long flowing hair in Turkey.

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Growing fingernails
Yes, I too have noticed my nails grow quicker,.........also am putting weight on quicker...dooohhhh!!
Warren

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Growing fingernails
I dont think willies grow but nails certainly do and me thinks some brains schrivel and dry up or think of weird topics to post on forums. Does anyone want to know the state of my plastered up leg when it comes off..........i e more hairy than the other one, whiter and possibly a bit smellier!!!!!:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Growing fingernails
Thank God for that.l thought l was just one sad case in noticing the nails growing faster here.All l have to do now is start up a hobby in nail clipping and weigh then at the end of every period of time of the year.
l knew a person that used to collect his earwax to polish the furniture with.He said it's the best furniture polish you'll ever come across

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Growing fingernails
Yep,nails grow faster here,noticed that a couple of years ago while on hoilday and this thread just comfirms it.

MrFOG

Growing fingernails
I've noticed that a lot of Turkish men have long noses too. Would that be due to the sunshine?:47:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Growing fingernails
Finger and toenails grow at an average rate of 3 millimeters a month. Actual growth rate is dependent upon age, gender, season, exercise level, diet, and hereditary factors.

Contrary to popular belief, nails do not continue to grow after death; the skin dehydrates and tightens, making the nails (and hair) appear to grow.

Source: Fingernails and Toenails Facts and Information

C

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Growing fingernails
NAIL CLIPPING .

Monday for health . Tuesday for wealth . Wednesdays the best day of all
Thursday for loss'es . Friday for cross'es . And Saturday no luck at all
Sunday you'll be with the Devil all week . lol

So hurry up you all have untill Wednesday to change your Luck .....Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom