Saoirse

Grossly overpriced
Was just looking at reports from various Xmas and New Years meals in Turkey and am bound to say that many appear grossly overpriced
My gripe is with Xmas functions in particular, as there is no increased hourly staff rate payable unlike at home, how can 60 to 90 lira be justified for a meal than would normally be about 20

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Grossly overpriced
It's all about "what the market will bear". Some people think that if they're being charged well over the odds for something it must be good. :dooh:

Saoirse

Grossly overpriced
Am tempted to say such an attitudeis bollix but then that might gain me another yellow card though I note it was acceptable language for others!
Hey ho that's life!
Personally I think 60 lira is too much for a normally 20 lira meal

Grossly overpriced
we paid 80 lira for a New Years meal of several meze then a grilled meat platter followed by umpteen fruit dishes and a bottle of rakı thrown in plus first rate live turkish music and a couple of singers and dancing until 4am..
the hangover was optional

Saoirse

Grossly overpriced
I only go to Tesco at opening time on a Sunday
That way I can follow the wee fella round the store who's putting out the "reduced" stickers

val2661

Grossly overpriced
Philip, if it was a traditional English style Christmas dinner, that is not expensive here in Turkey. Turkeys are very, very expensive here, brussel sprouts were 4 lira for a small pack. There is also the cost of making Christmas puddings. Dried fruit here is twice as expensive as in the UK. Cream (if you can find it) is also expensive. I personally think that the UK have it very easy when it comes to sourcing Christmas dinner with options to suit all wallets. However, here in Turkey, if we want to do the traditional dinner we have to pay 3 or 4 times as much as back home and trudge round all the shops to find it!!

Val

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Grossly overpriced
Prices didn,t go up in Yalikavak over christmas although we did get stuck with a service charge at one.

Gail

Grossly overpriced
We went to Gonucelen and paid 45tl and had a glass of mulled wine, soup, stuffed mushrooms, seafood cocktail, full roast Christmas lunch with ham and pigs in blankets, Christmas pudding with cream and cheese. I think that is an excellent price.

Mustis charged 50tl, mulled wine, egg mayo, soup, full Christmas dinner, trifle, christmas pudding, mince pies and cheese board, again fabulous prices I think.

Not sure what other places were charging but I think on average it would have been 50tl.

alison09400

Grossly overpriced
We had our dinner at Dejazar and it was 35tl for soup, prawn marie rose with honeydew melon, turkey & roast beef dinner with stuffing, potatoes, sprouts, carrots, honeyed parsnips and red cabbage....dessert was either lemon cheesecake or chocolate log...ending with mince pies. Excellent price in my book!

Grossly overpriced
We paid 80 lira per head at a 5* all inclusive for New Years Eve, so all booze included in the price and the meal couldn't be faulted. Two different live bands, belly dancer, acrobats and someone who was obviously quite a famous singer judging by the applause he got when he came on, but I've no idea who he was.

Sue

Grossly overpriced
Did anybody go to the New Years Eve Bash at The Didim Yacht Club ? Advertised at 150 TL all in ?? Be interested to know how it went .Cheers Jeff

Latest Posts

Top Bottom