Frank&Mary

Greeting from sunny Derbyshire
Hello All

We have recently bought a property in the Gumusluk area and as we are newbies to holiday homes and Turkey are looking for all kinds of practical information to get by. We came across this site almost by accident and found it to be packed full of useful stuff, thanks to all you guys for sharing your knowledge. I hope to visit the forum on a regular basis and get to know you all a little better.

We are looking forward to flying over next month to furnish our place and hope to have some time left over to enjoy the area as well.

A bit about me: I work in local government and hobbies include excursions on the hills and keeping in shape. I am a Man United fan (from the armchair these days!!!) and will be looking to find bars where premiership football is on (english commentary a distinct bonus). I saw some in Gumbet last time we were over but will be looking closer to base in Yalikavak this time.

Thanks again for the great site

Cheers :cheers:

Frank & Mary

cheeky chops

lifes a beach
hi frank and mary

welcome !!!!! you will find this site very informative any thing you want to know you will get the answer

where in gumusluk have you purchased we also purchased in gumusluk at sunlight apts
you will see if you look in the forums column on this site that gumusluk now has its own forum so anything to do with the area you will be able to post there also
cheeky chops

Hi there and welcome to the forum from two other Man United fans.

Did you watch them thrash Arsenal on Saturday, they made up for their dismal display against City.

:cheers:

Sue and Chris

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
Hi Frank and Mary and a warm welcome to the forum :roundgrin
We have a few members from gumusluk so just ask if you need any advise

Frank&Mary

cheeky chops said:
hi frank and mary

welcome !!!!! you will find this site very informative any thing you want to know you will get the answer

where in gumusluk have you purchased we also purchased in gumusluk at sunlight apts
you will see if you look in the forums column on this site that gumusluk now has its own forum so anything to do with the area you will be able to post there also
cheeky chops
Hi CC
Thanks for your welcoming comments. We purchased on Royal Blue, a small complex between Gumusluk and Yalikavak, approx 5k. The local forum should be useful.

Frank & Mary

Frank&Mary

Ms Who said:
Hi Frank and Mary,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy :)
Hi Kym

Thanks for welcoming comments. sounds like you are a busy girl. Nice of you to take the time out.

Frank & Mary

Frank&Mary

paddington bear said:
Hi there and welcome to the forum from two other Man United fans.

Did you watch them thrash Arsenal on Saturday, they made up for their dismal display against City.

:cheers:

Sue and Chris
Hi Sue & Chris

Thanks for your welcoming remarks. always good to hear from fellow reds

Frank & Mary

Frank&Mary

spitfire said:
Hi Frank and Mary and a warm welcome to the forum :roundgrin
We have a few members from gumusluk so just ask if you need any advise
Thanks for your welcoming remarks (if I were a Bolton fan, I would also be frustrated- although not a bad result against Athletico)

Frank & Mary

Hello and wellcome to the forum,you get lots of help here we also live in gumusluk full time now in opus village just past the limon cafe,we even have a fottie bar now!!
good luck with your house Jim.

Frank&Mary

KEN MOFFETT said:
Hello and wellcome to the forum,you get lots of help here we also live in gumusluk full time now in opus village just past the limon cafe,we even have a fottie bar now!!
good luck with your house Jim.
Hi Ken
Thanks for welcoming remarks. Good information. Not sure what a fottie bar is....but if you meant footie bar, I may be joining you for a drink on match days.

Cheers, Frank

sunseeker

There is one bar that has sky sport in Yali its half way down the main bazaar, has all spots chanals, when theres a big match on the seat overflow accress the street. If you cannot find it go to the harbour on the outer pier and look inland its the building with the 4.5 metre dish on the roof.

Frank&Mary

sunseeker said:
There is one bar that has sky sport in Yali its half way down the main bazaar, has all spots chanals, when theres a big match on the seat overflow accress the street. If you cannot find it go to the harbour on the outer pier and look inland its the building with the 4.5 metre dish on the roof.
Thanks for the tip ss. Will check it out next month when we are there.

lynne

Welcome to the TLForum Frank and Mary !
Dont know much about football but 'sunseeker ' might mean the Rahat bar in Yalikavak.It has football on & lots of Brits go there to watch. :cheers:
Local Turkish guys sit outside the tearoom and watch footie but its Turkish teams. :gathering
I live in nearby in Gundogan but go to Yali often.....especially on market day.Cant resist a bargain !
I furnish property in Bodrum area if you have any questions(even daft ones !)I or someone on the Forum will try to answer you.
Hope you enjoy your new home ! :pressie:
Lynne :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom