ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Greek man sues Swedish firm over Turkish yoghurt pic
A Greek man has sued a dairy firm in southern Sweden after his picture ended up on a Turkish yoghurt product.

The man whose picture adorns the Turkish yoghurt product manufactured by Lindahls dairy in Jönköping argues that they do not have permission to use his image and has sued the firm for 50 million kronor ($6.9 million), according to Sveriges Radio (SR) Jönköping.

The man, who lives in Greece, was made aware of the use of his picture on the popular Swedish product, when an acquaintance living in Stockholm recognized his bearded friend.

"I was surprised and I could not believe my eyes. It was a shock to see him there suddenly, someone I know. He didn't like it, he was upset and wondered how it had happened," Athanasios Varzakanos told SR.

In his writ the man has underlined that he is not Turkish, he is Greek, and lives in Greece, and the use of his picture is thus misleading for both those that know him and for buyers of the product.

Lindahls dairy has expressed surprise at the writ and argues that the image was bought from a picture agency, and as far as they are aware all the rights of the photographer have been respected, SR writes.

Source: Greek man sues Swedish firm over Turkish yoghurt pic - The Local

C

How on earth do they arrive a such a figure?
6.9 million dollars!

Sorry but I hope he doesn,t win his case because that is an obscene amount of money to be awarded as "damages".

He hasn,t been hurt, injured or maimed. The are people who have suffered some of the aforementioned and never receive a fraction of that amount.

What is the world coming to? Bloody prima donna!

On that note - have a good week-end everyone :)

Soo x

saffie

Saffie
Ridiculous amount of money to demand for something so trivial.What is the world coming to?

The yoghurt company can have my picture on their yoghurt pots for a small fee!!!:gulme:

saffie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom