ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Greek Church In Bodrum To Be Restored
A project has been prepared to restore a 1,800-year-old Greek church located in the popular resort town of Bodrum’s Bitez district.

Here

C

ChrisBobs

The reporter seems to have a problem saying that the active Bitez Assocation - BITAV called for a meeting ( "demonstration) at the chapel and asked for a show of support from local residents including international residents, yestrday - hence the article.
Three non-Turks turned up- which disappointed them, of course, I just said when Iasked well nobody knows it is here!
The meeting called for support because the owner /developer of the land got permission to build the ( not a hotel) houses and apartments- nice but still for sale; on the condition that he restore the old building- the plans are there, he claims he wants financial help.
( spent his money on the building!)
So even the State cant get what they want from a builder/developer!

Moggycat

I read about this old Church today in the Daily News, can anybody tell me where it is please? I know where Chapel Walk is in Bitez and have walked this area many times, but have never seen this place, also where is St Nicholas Church in Bodrum? Having holidayed and semi lived in the area for over 20 years I'm beginning to think I don't know the place as well as I thought I did, shame on me!

ChrisBobs

It is on the dere that is the Chapelwalk but it is quite deep there so you may have to take the lane up the side to the main road ( which also has a sign- Chapelwalk) to see it- it looks like a square old stone building- but inside is a rounded roof ( did they cover it up I wonder?) and the mosiacs, and the garden is quite big and overgrown.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom