greece
hi all we live in candarli izmir but are going to kusadasi in september can we go over on the daily ferry to greece and renew my pastport for another 90 days can anyone hepl please thanks :388dd::504xn:
chris

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
greece
hi all we live in candarli izmir but are going to kusadasi in september can we go over on the daily ferry to greece and renew my pastport for another 90 days can anyone hepl please thanks :388dd::504xn:
chris

When you arrive to Turkey you buy a 90 day visa. Before it expires you can go to the foreign police in Turkey and buy another 90 day extension. You don't have to leave the country to do this.

Biker Bob

biggles

biggles
greece
When you arrive to Turkey you buy a 90 day visa. Before it expires you can go to the foreign police in Turkey and buy another 90 day extension. You don't have to leave the country to do this.

Biker Bob

our visa,s ran out while we were in turkey and we had to pay the fine and then get on the ferry to greece for the day to return to re new 90 day visas . The customs did not tell us we could renew while still in turkey .

felixthecat

felixthecat
greece
i have lived in turkey for 3 years and have not heard of you being able to renew your visa with the police here i was under the impression that you have to leave the country to renew your visa when you return. hence the trip to kos every 90 days.ıf you are ın kusadası you can get the ferry to samos greece.

biggles

biggles
greece
Is it possible to renew visas at Bodrum airport without leaving the country??

NO. we asked this while we were there ,and was told by customs yoy can renew 2 ways . fly out and come back or go to greece and come back . we chose the greek trip to kos on the ferry from bodrum . you cant renew from turgetreis ferry terminal .

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
greece
I have went to the Foreign police in Bodrum , past the castle on several occasions to renew my visa. You can't wait until it expires and then try to do it. I have went many time to the foreign police in Ankara and done it also....just did it a few weeks ago actually.

You can only do it once per visit....so you can in fact stay 180 days but would then have to leave to start it all over again

Biker Bob

DaveL1234

David L
greece
I have went to the Foreign police in Bodrum , past the castle on several occasions to renew my visa. You can't wait until it expires and then try to do it. I have went many time to the foreign police in Ankara and done it also....just did it a few weeks ago actually.

You can only do it once per visit....so you can in fact stay 180 days but would then have to leave to start it all over again

Biker Bob

Well this contradicts all I have read in the past. So please confirm, 180 day stay in Turkey without having to leave to renew ??? Is this correct?

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
greece
You come to Turkey. You buy your 90 day visa at the airport. Before it expires you go to the local foreign police and pay for another 90 visa. Simple as that....works everwhere in Turkey...the rules across the country are the same....I have done this MANY times

Biker Bob

greece
how much did you pay at the police station. ive lived here for 6 yrs and never heard anyone doing this .none of my friends havent either we all go to rhodes every 9o days so more info please

felixthecat

felixthecat
greece
you can certainly renew your visa at turgetries i go to kos from the port in the summer and renew my visa thier with no problem

Gail

greece
I re-new my visa at Turgutreis in the Summer months also. It's closed in the Winter so I either go back to UK or go from Bodrum port.

Harem

I've cliqued
greece
Hi felixthecat and Gail - do you leave the country to renew your visas in the summer?

Gail

greece
Yes always but I will go to the port in Bodrum and ask if I can do it without leaving and let you know how I get on.

zozatky

greece
You come to Turkey. You buy your 90 day visa at the airport. Before it expires you go to the local foreign police and pay for another 90 visa. Simple as that....works everwhere in Turkey...the rules across the country are the same....I have done this MANY times

Biker Bob

So what you are saying is 6 months Visa for 20GBP? If thats the case no need for Residency have I got this right? But what happens after your 6 Months, do you have to leave the country & start the proccess? If so this sounds a very ecconomical. Is there any official info on this anywere?

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
greece
Nobody want's to believe me. I have been here 7 years and have done it many times. An American friend of mine did it for over 5 years before he left Turkey. Many other countries also do this the same way.

Biker Bob

Last edited:

mike dj

greece
Superbogs do you have a Canadian passport , there might be an agreement . Have asked and no British passport holder I have spoken too has ever heard that its possible to do it your way ,would save a fortune in residency . Needs some careful checking.
Hope its possible. Thanks for post .Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom