Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Googlemail/Outlook Problem
I have my googlemail set up in Outlook, but I have 1 contact that if I send an e'mail to her from google via outlook, she doesn't receive it, but if I log into my googlemail account and send from there, she receives OK. I receive google from her OK in outlook.

Anyone know what is causing this problem?

M

Mack

In outlook, go to TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS > double click on the gmail account > click the MORE SETTINGS button in the bottom right > click the OUTGOING SERVER tab > click the tickbox "my outgoing server requires authentication" and make sure the "use same settings as my incoming mail server" radio button is selected. Click OK and close the windows and try again, hope this solves the problem for you.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
i would be interested in putting my google account onto outlook, would it be possible for you to go through it for me

thanks

eve

M

Mack

Hi Eve, there's full instructions HERE but it only works with GMail, if you want to pull your hotmail into outlook you have to pay for their premium service to enable a POP3 server for your account, Gmail's is free (gotta love the google team :)).

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Thanks Mack, but if I do that no e'mails get sent, I get a pop up saying please enter your e'mail and password. It is only with her I have the problem all my other contacts receive e'mails OK. Strangely enough if I send an e'mail to her from my ISP e'mail she doesn't get that either. I used to have a zoom e'mail until they stopped it a few weeks ago, and she always received those. So I am totally puzzled why it is only affecting 1 person.

M

Mack

Mmmm, sorry Struggs, im at a loss, sounds like the problem is with her account, specially if the mails are not bouncing back with an error message.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom