The Igor

Wreckage
Google/Youtube blocking turkish IP addresses?
Since a few weeks back i can no longer reach youtube.com and some functions on a few Google sites (search works though). I am using OpenDNS so i know for sure that it is not the turkish blocking that is in effect and when using a VPN that gives you a different IP (not turkish) it also works. Has anyone else noticed this?

jestjools

Since a few weeks back i can no longer reach youtube.com and some functions on a few Google sites (search works though). I am using OpenDNS so i know for sure that it is not the turkish blocking that is in effect and when using a VPN that gives you a different IP (not turkish) it also works. Has anyone else noticed this?
Hi...I cant access You Tube either and havent been able to for about one year.

I've only been able to access youtube with VPN for a while now. Same for a few google services.

M

Mack

Use DNS Servers :-

and MAKE SURE that theres a CLEAN hosts file, if youve screwed around with your hosts file in the past the DNS workaround WILL NOT WORK, so restore a backup or just delete all the old youtube entries and all should work fine :)

Bubskar

I couldn't get Youtube around about the time Harem couldn't (a few weeks ago) - NOW CAN it came back.

I can't however get Google maps

The Igor

Wreckage
Use DNS Servers :-

and MAKE SURE that theres a CLEAN hosts file, if youve screwed around with your hosts file in the past the DNS workaround WILL NOT WORK, so restore a backup or just delete all the old youtube entries and all should work fine :)

Yep, that one worked totally fine, thanks a million :) The HOST file is clean and nice, no problem there. Used it to block some nasty advertising sites and crap like that before, but have other solutions now.

The Igor

Wreckage
Well, that was a very short time of joy. Now these DNS-servers seems blocked aswell as i dont reach Youtube or Google Maps anymore. Wonder what the heck is going on.....I can well understand if a few smaller web sites blocks the turkish IP:s because of the nasty hackers from here that like to sabotage for other people, but Youtube/Google?

Maybe they have decided that it is payback time because the turks are blocking access to for instance Youtube? Jeez, this country....

EDIT: Access is back, and i am highly confused :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom