oldfogy

Just passing through
Google invasion of privacy.

Just what right has Google got to read my emails, in order to send me information with regards to my recent Flight booking.
The following text is from a AUTOMATIC entry into the calendar on my mobile phone after I recently booked a flight to turkey, of which is not even a Google calendar.
Flight to ─░zmir (PC 1528)
12:35 - 16:15
Sat, 8 Dec 2018

London STN
To see detailed information for automatically created events like this one, download the official Google Calendar app for your Android phone or tablet. https://www.google.com/calendar/android
This event was created from an email that you received in Gmail

[end quote]

This is not the first encounter with Google, the last occasion was Google informing me that I was Not Using the official Google calendar, obviously to get that information Google would have had to access the apps on my phone

Just what right has Google got to read my emails, in order to send me information with regards to my recent Flight booking.
The following text is from a AUTOMATIC entry into the calendar on my mobile phone after I recently booked a flight to turkey, of which is not even a Google calendar.
Flight to ─░zmir (PC 1528)
12:35 - 16:15
Sat, 8 Dec 2018

London STN
To see detailed information for automatically created events like this one, download the official Google Calendar app for your Android phone or tablet. https://www.google.com/calendar/android
This event was created from an email that you received in Gmail

[end quote]

This is not the first encounter with Google, the last occasion was Google informing me that I was Not Using the official Google calendar, obviously to get that information Google would have had to access the apps on my phone

I watched a report on TV the other night, it highlighted just what "professions" could actually gain from one individuals email address..............basically their whole life. Where they worked, where they shopped, where they live, who they'd be most likely vote for. The list was endless.

I was given an IPhone 6 yesterday by my daughter (updating my own kick start mobile). She set it all up for me, I had to put over certain details ie email address & I've been blitzed ever since. :fear::fear:

oldfogy

Just passing through
yea, know the feeling, I've ha this phone a couple of years but now almost all of a sudden, started being plagued with adverts to the point I don't want to open it.

Kanga

I have a dumb phone. It's new. It makes and receives calls, photos,videos, and texts.
The house landline is ex directory and if a number is with-held on the caller display for either phone I don't answer it. They can talk to the answerphone instead.(They never do.)
That's what a phone is for, isn't it?

The rest of the IT goes via a laptop and tablet with max security and any searching I do is via an incognito page.

Unless you have the knowledge to set all the security and turn off all the little sneaky extras that seem to be the default settings you will have no privacy at all.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom