jcrian

Goodbye Henry
A truly great man who died today

Goodbye to a hero: World War I veteran who was world's oldest man dies aged 113 | Mail Online

2zps9x2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

maggie

Goodbye Henry
Re: Goodby Henry

Hasennt he got a lovelley face.

I bet every line and wrinkle is a wonderfull story told about his life.

R.I.P. Henry.

Hugs Maggie xx

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Goodbye Henry

Saw a bit about him on the news this morning going round schools telling them about the war and it's effect on those that took part.

He once attributed his grand age to 'cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women'. :smile:

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Goodbye Henry

yes, I think he sometimes came to Ypres for commeration, because I remember that phrase about "'cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women", he was known here as well

Mushroom

Goodbye Henry

A truly worthy and polite man, who has attracted the respect of many.
He put his long life down to cigarettes, whisky and wild wild women.
Well I don't smoke but two out of three isn't bad !

GnD

Goodbye Henry
Those eyes a real light in them, yet what must he have witnessed. Incredible that he survived so much and then had the strength of mind to keep his senses of focus to inform people and of humour.

Quite remarkable.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Goodbye Henry
It's disgraceful that this man was not knighted in recognition of everything he and his fallen comrades did for Britain and many other nations.

When you look at some of the tossers that have received awards for doing f*ck all compared to this man, it's sickening.

RIP Henry

C

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Goodbye Henry
R I P Henry - you will now have a great reunion up there with all your " Mates "
Including my lovely Grandad Harry Halford who died 9 years ago this month at the great age of 109 -- and was then officially Britains oldest man.
Say Hello to him from us

Latest Posts

Top Bottom