tosher

Good news
As it has rained nearly every day in August good news is about to happen.

The UK traffic light system for travellers is about to change the status for Turkey from red to amber. This means that travellers like us (2 vaccine jabs for covid) can now travel to Turkey without isolating on our return from Turkey to the UK.

We will still need PCR tests to fly to Turkey and get a PCR test on our return from a Turkish PCR provider. Are there any PCR testing facilities in Side before flying back to the UK?

If all goes well we should be able to visit Side in October and we cannot wait. It's been 2 years since we where in Side and I expect much has changed since then.

Well look forward to seeing Side once again, so for now keeping our fingers crossed.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Good news
I think you will find in the dithering UK, it isn't a safe bet that anything will change soon.
Then, if it does. there is always the danger that after red becomes amber, it can go back to red again.
I would adopt a cautious approach.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Good news
The next bit of Good News, if it happens, is that it is being loudly mooted in the Media, that HS2 Eastern leg, going to Leeds is going to be scrapped due to spiralling costs.
Great. We didn't want it, didn't need it and most of us never expected it to happen in any case.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Good news
What a contrast. BBC 1 covers a LGBT+KWERTY/AC/DC/ VHS/BETAMAX committee deciding how to March through Newry in NI at 7pm tonight.
There were about 10 of them. The men looked like women, the women like men.
The good news was after 2 minutes, turning over to C5 there was an excellent documentary about the history of ROI and what is on offer for Tourists.
That country (entire) is on my list to visit but I might give the gay committee a swerve.

Camden

Good news
Hotel bellboy inherits fortune from wealthy Brit guest - and never has to work again

A hotel bellboy has been left a small fortune by a wealthy British tourist guest which means he never has to work again.

The substantial sum of cash is reported to be the lion's share of the inheritance left by British tourist Charles George Courtney, whose age was not stated.

The exact amount of the money that was left by the British man was not revealed, but it was said to be enough that the Turkish man does not need to work again.

However, bellboy Taskin Dasdan said he loved his job too much and, although incredibly grateful, plans to continue working because he loves the opportunity it gives him to meet people from all around the world.

Speaking to local media, Taskin said that the generous offer also included some smaller amounts to his hotel colleagues, and he admitted he and they had no idea they were in line to get anything.

Camden

Good news

Woman, 116, recovers from COVID in Turkey​

Sat, 4 September 2021, 4:39 pm·1-min read

A 116-year-old woman in Turkey has survived COVID-19, according to her son, making her one of the oldest patients to beat the disease.
Ayse Karatay has now been moved to a normal ward, her son Ibrahim told the Demiroren news agency on Saturday.
"My mother fell ill at the age of 116 and stayed in the intensive care unit for three weeks... Her health is very good now and she's getting better," he said.

French nun Sister Andre recovered from COVID-19 in February, days before her 117th birthday. She is the world's second-oldest living person.
Ayse, from Emirdag in Afyonkarahisar, western Turkey, was treated in Eskisehir City Hospital after falling ill and testing positive for COVID-19 last month.

Ibrahim said she had only received one shot of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine before she became sick, adding that she was probably infected by a family member.

Ayse was born during the Ottoman Empire, when exact dates of birth were rarely officially recorded.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom