altinkum kev

Non Active Member
Good news on interest rates
Yes good news my interests rates have gone up twice this month on separate accounts!!!!! :24:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
bloody hell I wish mine had, who do you bank with?? Are you talking Turkish or English accounts?

It was my 'bank day' today and HSBC have NOT gone up

Last edited:

Howell's

come on Altinkum Kev the suspense is killing me !!! Hope its the IŞ bank :))

altinkum kev

Non Active Member
Finansbank have in fact increased the rate twice this month,mine has risen in 1 month by 1.10% dont expect Hsbc or Is bank to do the same they are always way behind. my manager says he is confident of more rises soon.

Helenm150

Finansbank have in fact increased the rate twice this month,mine has risen in 1 month by 1.10% dont expect Hsbc or Is bank to do the same they are always way behind. my manager says he is confident of more rises soon.
Isn't Finansbank Greek owned - is your money safe there?

Yes it is, and I'm not sure. But I don't want to panic move, not sure which way to go with it just yet!

Helenm150

Maybe it depends on how much you have on deposit - I think with Garanti for example up to 50,000TL is protected .......

50000TL is protected in any bank within Turkey, its a legal protection. From what I can gather though, even if you split your money the government will still only protect 50000, not 50000 in each bank.

Helenm150

I must admit, I am not sure about that but it does sound logical if the guarantee is given by the Turkish government rather than by the banks themselves. Have you had any information from Finansbank?

soulmates2uk

gary and sharon
the rates for deposits under 250,000 lira garanti 7.5%, hsbc 8% yapi kredi 8.5% alll this week it pays to shop around and yes you can barter with a bank they will offer a better rate if you haggle

Chinook

I had a letter some months ago from the government confirming they would guarentee my account up to 50,000 TL. Got quite excited at the time as I had to sign for it.I'm with HSBC by the way.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom