Akasya

Postless Pointer
Good morning! How about a tune to start the day
Freddie died on a Sunday , it was not immediately announced , on the monday the BBC sent me to his fan club , it backed onto his private house , when i got there there were thousands of folk blocking the road , i approached a policeman and gave him the pre arranged password ( Michael Jackson ) he ushered me through the crowd and into the grounds . Once inside i handed over the obituary tape and waited , the atmosphere was very subdued and quiet . They gave it back and said no changes . With a signed release . I took it back to BBC TV centre in wood Lane and it went out on the 6 oclock news that night , i will never forget that day , Even so they were so polite and kind . Amazing Freddie , surrounded himself with amazing people .
Steve

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Good morning! How about a tune to start the day
Bought Pet Sounds in 1966 and it remains my favourite album of all time. A true classic.
I bought it last week , the original mono + the stereo remix on the same cd....great album , the mono wall of sound is amazing , the stereo brings out sounds that are not apparent on the mono version on my hi fi set up , a great cd .
Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom