peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Good luck to the Republic
Just to say good luck to the Irish vs France in their big game tonight.Oh and thank you for giving me my alternative to The X Factor on telly too :)

they would have a much better chance if the clown trappatoni picked andy reid,one of the most improved players in the premier league this season.

Mag

Thanks Peter, it's typical of Ireland, it always goes to the wire...it will be a battle to the end I think!! Come on you boys in green!!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Well I hope I have'nt put the mockers on it for them, but I have bet 2-0 to the republic, and dunne to grab a goal :angel:

Saoirse

reckon we need a win as will be very difficult to get anything in Paris. Bruv in law is away to tonights game-lucky sod!

geordie_nev

Good luck to Ireland.

Mind you I can’t understand why Andy Reid isn’t in their squad, he’s on top form at the moment for Sunderland.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Nah its just one goal. And the Irish did have a few good chances. They still have a chance over in frogland.

Sailor

Ah well...one more chance on Wednesday but it is a longshot.
Andy lost 20lbs since last season and is more fitter than last season.But is not fit enough to channel back on the pitch and his form has gone off the boil since he lost the weight. So Trap cannot make a 90 minute plan that would involve Andy. Thats my take on it anyway.

geordie_nev

But is not fit enough to channel back on the pitch and his form has gone off the boil since he lost the weight.

Andy has been brilliant for us this season, one of his best performances was against spurs last Sat, I can only see him being left out of the squad as being a result of a personality clash rather than his recent performances.

Don’t get me wrong, I really hope Ireland go and win on Wed, but I think it’s a shame you aren’t playing you’re best 11 players.

This was taken from the BBC site:

Trapattoni has denied that the door is closed on Reid, with whom he is reported to have had a bust-up following Ireland's somewhat squeaky 2-1 win over Georgia in Germany 14 months ago.
If, as rumoured, the player did have a row with such an experienced and respected manager, he was out of order. But he has since declared his desire to play for his country and in his current form, he would turn a competent team into a very decent one.

Full article.

Good luck in the 2nd leg

Ah well...one more chance on Wednesday but it is a longshot.
Andy lost 20lbs since last season and is more fitter than last season.But is not fit enough to channel back on the pitch and his form has gone off the boil since he lost the weight. So Trap cannot make a 90 minute plan that would involve Andy. Thats my take on it anyway.

you obviously havent seen andy reid play this season,what makes you think he has gone off the boil since he lost the weight?did you see the man utd game when they tried(unsuccesfully)to kick him off the pitch,he has been safc player of the season so far.ireland d,ont deserve to qualify for putting up with a fool like trappatoni.keith andrews before andy reid!!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom