Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
Enjoyed it very much. She is fantastic in it.

Sandra Bullock was great (I thought she was older) but the story line didn't pull me in.
RT rated it at only 39% and the audience at 74% I would have put it somewhere inbetween.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Good films
I'm not the biggest film watcher but as I had nothing better to do whilst the chef was having her locks fettled I decided to watch one I recorded earlier, Midway, ffs what absolute drivel, I will try another couple and if they are of the same low hollywood standard its back to watching Corrie and Emmerdale on catch up for me, at least they are true to life.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Good films
So yesterday's attempt at being a movie critic entailed me watching Quadraphenia, I have seen it before or at least it was on in the background, but this time it was square on, UHD, surround system etc, no wines, beers or popcorn, the story is supposed to be set in the mid 60s I remember the mods and rockers battles in my local park in that era, however about 20 mins in there was a street scene set in London, a small town near Luton ? Anyway a Jaguar XJS rolled down the road which believe was first introduced about 1975 is, later in the film there were Ford Granadas, Hillman Avengers passing through Brighton. I'm really sure I'm not cut out for this but will persist for a little longer.
5 out of 10 seems fair to me given the historical inaccuracies

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
So yesterday's attempt at being a movie critic entailed me watching Quadraphenia, I have seen it before or at least it was on in the background, but this time it was square on, UHD, surround system etc, no wines, beers or popcorn, the story is supposed to be set in the mid 60s I remember the mods and rockers battles in my local park in that era, however about 20 mins in there was a street scene set in London, a small town near Luton ? Anyway a Jaguar XJS rolled down the road which believe was first introduced about 1975 is, later in the film there were Ford Granadas, Hillman Avengers passing through Brighton. I'm really sure I'm not cut out for this but will persist for a little longer.
5 out of 10 seems fair to me given the historical inaccuracies
Haven't seen that one & really not my cuppa but I am surprised that RT gave it 100%.
BTW seems it was all based in Brighton - I have friends living near Luton and seems it could be too dangerous to film there. :)

Which genre of movie do you prefer?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Good films
Haven't seen that one & really not my cuppa but I am surprised that RT gave it 100%.
BTW seems it was all based in Brighton - I have friends living near Luton and seems it could be too dangerous to film there. :)

Which genre of movie do you prefer?
No particular genre, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch Sci Fi, I suppose I prefer stuff I can relate to or has some historical accuracy to it. When Julius Caeser wears a Rolex its probably not for me.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
No particular genre, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch Sci Fi, I suppose I prefer stuff I can relate to or has some historical accuracy to it. When Julius Caeser wears a Rolex its probably not for me.
I'm watching Run Gun now, half expected it to be rubbish but actually very good.
Give it a try.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
Just watched Sweet Girl 2021 with Jason Momoa.
There is quite a twist that happens about 30 minutes before the end.

A devastated husband vows to bring justice to the people responsible for his wife's death while protecting the only family he has left, his daughter.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Good films
We watched Rocketman yesterday, the film was interrupted by various phone calls but that didn't matter, Linsey reminded me she had watched it on a flight to New York I didn't as I wanted to watch it on the big screen with decent sound. I was into Elton John's music from an early age. My first single was Your Song, the re-release in the early 70s, I have seen him in concert a few times, the last time was at Caesars Palace performing the Red Piano tour, much of this show has a backdrop of large screens showing video of his history as an artist so I felt I knew what to expect. I wasn't disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed it, I've always railed against musicals as not my thing, this was part musical and part docudrama.
The music and costumes brought back so much of my own timeline back to me, both good and bad, as a child I wrote to the Dodgers Stadium asking for a baseball cap like Eltons, they wrote back with a price list, well I tried.
All in all I would give it a biased 10/10 with the understanding that Elton John is true Marmite.

Hilsjw

Good films
Agreed Martin. Rocketman was a great film. Watched Eddie the Eagle last night E4 freestat etc. Charming, easy film to watch. Very good.
enoch, where do I get The Unforgivable that you recommend ?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
enoch, where do I get The Unforgivable that you recommend ?
Pirate Bay good cast but IMO over rated.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
This one should be right up your alley Martin...

Munich: The Edge of War

β€œIt is Autumn 1938 and Europe stands on the brink of war. Adolf Hitler is preparing to invade Czechoslovakia and Neville Chamberlain's government desperately seeks a peaceful solution. With the pressure building, Hugh Legat, British civil servant, and Paul von Hartmann, German diplomat, travel to Munich for the emergency Conference. As negotiations begin, the two old friends find themselves at the center of a web of political subterfuge and very real danger. With the whole world watching, can war be averted and, if so, at what cost?

Munich: The Edge of War

Wheels within wheels within wheels..

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Good films
Whilst never an early doors Queen fan despite buying the single Killer Queen in the 70s I really parked them as a band until much later life. They weren't just another band, they were much more than that.
So this afternoon we watched Bohemian Rhapsody, Linsey had watched it on a Qatar flight to Thailand. Not for me I want big screen and good sound.
I wasn't disappointed with the story, the acting, the portrayal and the music.
10/10 from me.

MJL

Good films
Not films, but two good series that I’ve enjoyed so far, peacemaker and resident alien, both lighthearted and a bit of escapism.

just started watching season 2 of resident alien

oh, the new ghost busters film is rather good

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
Not films, but two good series that I’ve enjoyed so far, peacemaker and resident alien, both lighthearted and a bit of escapism.

just started watching season 2 of resident alien

oh, the new ghost busters film is rather good

Hi MJL......there is a thread for TV series...you can find it here....

Reactions: MJL

Latest Posts

Top Bottom