Good films
The Knick

I thought I saw a recommendation for this series on here but memory fails.

Almost thru the first series and well addicted.

“Medical drama set in the 1900s charts the exploits of the staff and patients at a New York hospital, where they try to maintain their reputation for quality care while struggling to keep the doors open.”

RT 92% The Knick

Highly recommended but very graphic surgical procedures so maybe not for the faint hearted.
Just finished Season 1, and starting 2 now. Loving it.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
" I Care a Lot" Amazon Prime. Rosamunde Pike and Peter Dinkledge. Only gets 2 stars but we thought we'd give it a go. An interesting film about rich people duped into expensive Old Peoples Care Homes. Worrying concept !!!
Thanks for that Hilsjw - great movie but I didn't know whether I should be rooting for the bad guys or the bad guys ! :)

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
End of the Spear 2005

“In 1956, five missionaries were speared to death in the Eastern rainforest of Ecuador by members of the Waodani tribe. Known by anthropologists as the most violent society ever documented, the Waodani lived by a code of "Spear or be Speared." Their exact location uncharted, the Waodani are discovered by this group of missionaries who desire to teach the Waodani to live in peace. After making peaceful contact by air, the five men land on a tiny sand strip convinced that their peaceful interactions will continue, despite limited knowledge of the Waodani language and their own commitment to nonviolence under any circumstances.”

Fascinating true story and reminiscent of a time - when dinosaurs roamed the earth - when I stumbled upon and befriended a lost longhouse tribe in Sarawak except that the natives were more friendly. :)

enoch

Good films
Just watch Paper lives. set in Istanbul. Dubbed in English. About the trash pickers finding a young boy in the trash. The ending tells it all. Netflix? I enjoyed it

Last edited:
Good films
"Operation Finale". 2018.

Based on a True Story about Adolf Eichmann.

Drama/History/Thriller. Starring Ben Kingsley, really loved it, a great watch for the both of us.

8/10.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
A Call to Spy 2019 (also known as Liberté: A Call to Spy) is an interesting film.
The film is inspired by the true stories of three women who worked as spies in World War II.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
A Call to Spy 2019 (also known as Liberté: A Call to Spy) is an interesting film.
The film is inspired by the true stories of three women who worked as spies in World War II.
Great movie, great watch and not as tangled as many spy movies.

Good films
"CITY of LIES".

Crime/Thriller/Drama. Based of a True Story, starring Forrest Whitaker & Johnny Depp. We both really loved it. Good Story, well acted.

8.5/10.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
Nicolas Cage film Next (2007)
A Las Vegas magician who can see into the future is pursued by FBI agents seeking to use his abilities to prevent a nuclear terrorist attack.

His recent films haven't been that good, but this older one is worth a watch.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
The Vault 2021 8/10 Novel, ingenious & very watchable

"Freddie Highmore ("The Good Doctor") and Famke Janssen (X-Men) star in this globe-trotting, action-packed thriller following a high-risk heist. When an engineer (Highmore) learns of a mysterious, impenetrable fortress hidden under The Bank of Spain, he joins a crew of master thieves who plan to steal the legendary lost treasure locked inside while the whole country is distracted by Spain's World Cup Final. With thousands of soccer fans cheering in the streets, and security forces closing in, the crew have just minutes to pull off the score of a lifetime. Also starring Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) and Liam Cunningham ("Game of Thrones")."

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
Keep finding some older films.

This one we enjoyed.

The Adjustment Bureau 2011
David, a politician on the verge of winning a seat in the US Senate, falls in love with Elise, a ballet dancer. However, a mysterious group of men conspire to keep them apart.

Question is....who controls our destiny.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good films
Watched Superintelligence 2020 tonight and It's very funny.

When a powerful superintelligence chooses to study Carol, the most average person on Earth, the fate of the world hangs in the balance. As the AI decides whether to enslave, save or destroy humanity, it's up to Carol to prove people are worth saving.

The film stars Melissa McCarthy.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
Outside the Wire 2021 8/10

A futuristic view of US militia countering ‘separatists’ in Donbas.

I can’t give it 10/10 because…

1. They keep referring to ‘the’ Ukraine – corrected later in the movie.

2. The subs keep saying that bystanders are speaking Ukrainian - but Donbas is all Russian speaking!

3. No sign of Ukrainian military anywhere.

4. The rogue warlord is searching for nuclear missiles in Donbas. Someone should tell him that they were all destroyed or returned to Russia in 1994 in accordance with the Budapest Memo.

Notwithstanding IMO an interesting movie and very watchable.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
Aguirre the Wrath of God 1972 9/10 (RT 96%)

In 1560 Conquistadors entered the jungles of Peru seeking El Dorado.

Thoroughly recommended.

NB. Don’t be put off by the age of the video - the production, graphics & detail are truly amazing.

Saoirse

Good films
Well you say that about the age but I find it hard to believe they possessed good production graphics etc in 1560

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
Well you say that about the age but I find it hard to believe they possessed good production graphics etc in 1560
But Michelangelo did a pretty neat job on the Systine Chapel back in 1508.
Not so sure about the Spanish though!

Jaycey

African Refugee
Good films
Little Kingdom 2019 9/10

WW2 corruption & mayhem in Germany during the Russian counter offensive.
Life wasn't easy for civilians in Nazi Germany.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom