davenpat

Goldtrail
Hi All,
I see that Goldtrail are using SAGA flights now, as against Onur Air, have any of our members flown on this airline?
If so, how are they? Or are they just another branch of Onur.
I will thank you in advance for any info.
Best Regards,
Dave.

debmax

Goldtrail
Hello Dave

We flew from Newcastle to Bodrum on Friday 15th May, there were 3 check in desks and it took us 1 hour 40 to actually check in as they had to pass one piece of paper between the 3 girls on the checkout to allocate the seats.

When we eventually got on the plane, the dispatcher came on and after counting the seats numerous times, had 7 people waiting in departures for 4 seats. According to the dispatcher, Saga had sent a plane with a seating capacity of 186 and it should have been 189. So I'm afraid after a 2 hour delay we left for Bodrum minus 3 passengers. It was bedlam. The only good point was that the Turkish staff were really friendly.

Hope this was just a hiccup as we were told they were a new airline run by Viking travel.

Debra

Goldtrail
Saga Airlines is a Turkish airline based in Istanbul and currently has a fleet of six aircraft.
It began charter flight operations in 2004 and has this year moved into the UK market.
SAGA Airlines

pldouglas

Goldtrail
I'm pretty certain that Goldtrail was the holiday company most recently condemmed on the Watchdog programme a couple of weeks ago.

Goldtrail
To bring a little balance into this, we have booked through Goldtrail a few times & never a problem. :biggrin:

hijo

in my own clique
Goldtrail
..with Goldtrail you get what you pay for ..and thats not very much ,,this year they were under reveiw..with ABTA..have,nt heard the outcome..:biggrin:

davenpat

Goldtrail
Thanks for all the response, the same stories seem to surface every year with Goldtrail.
I have flown with them many times over the last four years, and to be fair to them, I have found them to be no better or worse than any other carrier.
I hope that they don,t go bust, I have just booked two flights to Bodrum for October.!!!!!!!!
I wonder why they are not using Onur Air this year, it would be nice if someone from the company could give us some info, I don't mind which carrier they use, as long as they fulfill their obligation.
Thanks,
Dave.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Goldtrail
I have just got my E- tickets sent to me and it looks like we are flying with Pegasus and not Onur, what are Pegasus like? Booked through Aegean!!!!!

Jeannie

Chris&Cem

Goldtrail
Hi, we have just returned from Bodrum with Saga. It was booked through On the Beach/Goldtrail and when we booked we were under the impression that the carrier would be Onur. Unfortunately for us it was our worst experience ever. 5 hours delay going out even though the airport website was giving the later departure time on their website. We called Goldtrail who insisted that the earlier time was correct and the airport were wrong. Coming back was worse. We reconfirmed our flight as instructed and we questioned whether or not it had been rescheduled. We were told it hadn't. Got to Bodrum Milas to be informed that it was rescheduled with a 4 hour delay. Once we were in the departure lounge another 3 hour delay was announced. We eventually left 8 hours late and had spent 10 hours at the airport with our purses emptied! NEVER AGAIN.

Goldtrail
We travelled to Bodrum with Saga on the 16th May and back on the 24th May. Never again. We had a 3 hour delay in Manchester going out and then stopped off at Gatwick to pick up more passengers. Coming home we had a 5 hour delay in Bodrum. Not a good end to the holiday. We were exhausted by the time we got home. We had thought we had booked to travel with Onur but the booking agent A1 Travel changed it to Saga. On the plus side the cabin crew were helpful and friendly and the leg room was good but.... will definately not travel with Saga again - unless of course our booking agent changes the flights.

Goldtrail
hi flew on 13th april returned 27th with thomas cook brillent flights needed to go straight back had to fly saga (ended up beeing a old amsterdam airlines plane)flew on 2nd may flight delayed 4/5 hours and then went to gatwick were we remained on the tarmac for 1 hr whilst passengers boarded then took off to bodrum.on the return on the 9th may i got to the airport ready to check in and the screens changed departure time by 4 hrs or so.(this time it was a old swiss air company plane) in all the times i have flown to bodrum this airline was the worst and not cheap at all the return price i could have flew to austrailia if i never had to be there i would not have gone so when i was looking to fly on 1st june made sure its was with onur at least you no what to expect ..............heres hoping that my flight manchester to bodrum on the first june remains onur because saga was the pits.................:Flower:

Chris&Cem

Goldtrail
We have flown several times with Pegasus but from Dublin to Bodrum. No problems with delays. Staff Turkish whose English wasn't very good. Apart from that they were fine - a good no frills airline in our opinion.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom