bobthenob

Non Active Member
Going for a Residency Permit
My friends from England have just arrived in Altinkum to start a life of retirement in the sun.But they have been let down by a person that said they were going to help them with the issue of a residency.They need to do this in two days.

Just a few questions about how to go about getting the residency.
1/Can they do this on their own,when in Aydin
2/What are the step by step procedure to follow when going for a residency in Aydin.
3/How much is the 2 year residency
4/Would it be more of a security to have someone with you in Turkish then on your own.
l think that's about it.
l know they need to start in the morning since this can turn into a all day adventure.

Thanks

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Bob, If they've just arrived in Altinkum from the UK would have gotten 90 visas at the airport. They have until the expiry of their visas to obtain Residence Permits. Unless, of course, they need RPs for the release of their possessions from customs ?

Here are the prices for Residence Permits by the month.

It's not necessary, but always useful, to have a Turk with you when dealing with any bureaucracy.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Thanks Allen.That's what l thought as well.
They need the residency to release their goods from the ports and also for a landline and to buy a car.
Something to do with 7 to 10 working days of arrival here to be issued with the residency.First l heard of this

Think the port charges interest on a daily basis for imported goods after a certain length of time dont they?
We went with some friends to Aydin last year for our permit.............was straight forward with their guidance and the staff speak enough english to assist you if needed.
If needed they would help your friends.PM a contact number and I will pass it on,alternetively if they ever go to the Hilltop bar in Altinkum,ask for Martin and Emma

I am sure that I have seen a post somewhere on getting residency in Aydın. I think that it was on My Merhaba.

I have just had a look but the site is undergoing maintenance.

Have a look on turkeycentral.com
There is member, named doodle, on there complaining about having to buy a new blue book in Aydin when he renewed his residency.

He would know the procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Thank you for the answers that l was after.The answers l have now will help my friend in getting what they want,l have passed on some of the info.
The link l will pass onto them later Apollo

matty

Bob,
Your friends no longer need residency to purchase a car.

Last edited:

Sailor

Please Matty finish what you're going to say, hanging by a thread here

Albino

The procedure for getting a residency permit id quite straight forward. I have used both Aydin and Kusadasi. Found Kushadashi the easiest. Go to the Polis station on the waterfront, opposite the large open air cafe. The office is on the 1st floor on the left. Fill in the forms don't forget photo's pay your money 588.90 per person per year(1177.80 TL each. Get your paper for the tax office. Go outside get a Taxi get taxi for tax office cost 5tl each way. Then back to Polis station hand in paper work and that is it. Although you have to go back a week later to collect permit. Some people have been lucky enough to get it the same day I didn't.

Amy

Hi KKOB, is that the prices for 2009? If so they seem to have gone up from last year! What else is needed to renew it? I know its 6 passport photographs, passport photocopy, tax number (when you have bought a house)....is there anything else, i remember the last time i renewed it, they needed to see what i had in bank, to see if i could support myself...has this happened to anyone else?? I went to Bodrum Marina last time, right on the harbour...took me about a week to get the residence permit.

Amy

Latest Posts

Top Bottom