yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
going back in time
not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, but to us it fits the bill.

we can remember going to restaraunts in about 1986 around the bus station in bodrum. some of them were just little cafes offering maybe just 4 or 5 dishes, the food was always super tasty,
We were always concious of all the eyes watching us while we were in there, but in those days our favourite restaraunt was the filamingo on attaturk cadesi, it is now a barren courtyard to another building., we had some great meals there and fabulous entertainment, I may be a year or 2 out with this one ! another was the original sunnys

what was your favourite restaraunt where was it and when ?

martin

going back in time
I can,t remember the names of many of the restaurants in Marmaris back in 1985 when we first went there but I do remember that there were little outside lokantas and restaurants all the way along the road from Marmaris to Icmeler (there wasn,t a burger and chips in sight) and in Icmeler there was a pizza restaurant near the beach and nothing else apart from a couple of the large hotels. Also there was the Turban holiday village and the outside disco where we used to go nearly every night. There were hardly any tourists then just a few German visitors. Sometimes it would be nice to turn the clocks back again................

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
going back in time
I think his wife was english, hence the breakfasts and sunday roasts ! there was a fall out with one of the staff who opened another restaraunt - and called it sunnys as well which caused some confusion !

martin

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
going back in time
My first visit to Bodrum was 2001, so no history here for me. But I so wish I had been earlier to see how it was 20 years ago. I am lucky though, I have friends who have lived here going back 20 years and love listening to their stories of 'how it used to be' (ChrisBobs being one of them :) ).
so to listen to your stories on here too, is very interesting, keep them coming.
Sandra

Latest Posts

Top Bottom