I.ve Turned My own name back to front
And called you " DOG " My Friend .

Diana

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
God and his Dog
Nice one.God has created a true friend.
A dog will never abandon you.Will always remain faithful and loyal.Even in times of a crisis,the dog will never have any grudges against you.He will show a love that is second to none.
Human's best friend will entertain you and will always brighten up your day when you are feeling down.

A true friend indeed that will always remain a true and loyal best friend.
Now it is up to some human's to understand this loyal friendship by returning the same kindness back.

stevecarol

God and his Dog
A dog will never abandon you.Will always remain faithful and loyal.Even in times of a crisis,the dog will never have any grudges against you.He will show a love that is second to none.
Human's best friend will entertain you and will always brighten up your day when you are feeling down.

Now it is up to some human's to understand this loyal friendship by returning the same kindness back.

So true Bob.
There is no stonger bond than a man and his dog.
Just with they could be with us for longer

Ian

God and his Dog
I thought i.d share this with all dog lovers on the forum

When God had made the earth and sky
The flowers and the tree.s
He then made made all the Animals
And all the birds and bee.s

And When his work was finished
Not one was quite the same
He said I.ll walk this earth of miine
And give each one a name.

And so he travelled land and sea
And everywere He went
A little creature followed Him
untill its strengh was spent

When all were made upon the earth
And in the sky and sea
The little creature said Dear Lord
Theres not one left for me .

The Father smiled and softly said
I.ve left you till the end

Diana

Wicked, nice one.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
God and his Dog

What about the dogs that attack their owners children and savage them to death, just a few bad apples. ?
Get real.
Steve.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
God and his Dog
What about the dogs that attack their owners children and savage them to death, just a few bad apples. ?
Get real.
Steve.

This has been argued so many times l will not repeat myself on what l already stated in my many posts.

lf humans show respect to the animals then the animals will show respect back with no fear resulting in a mild tempered dog.Dogs attack for reasons of fear that were imbedded in them by the selfish behaviour humans inflict on the animals.

stevecarol

God and his Dog
Get real.
Steve.

Sure there are some bad things that happen, so yes lets get real eh, i would rather walk down a dark street and come face to face with with a couple of dogs than a couple of hooded children, also im sure it was not dogs that attacked the two poor old ladies out for a stroll in Akbuk last week, maybe if they had a dog with them, then the ****bags would not have attatcked them eh.
Now lets get real eh

RichnKim

We've Made It!
God and his Dog
Very nice post pineapple1.
Dogs are loyal true friends for life and like bob has said if you treat the dogs with respect the dog will do the same to you.
People underestimate how clever dogs actually are and how they can sense/ see things that we can't.

Richnkim

Akasya

Postless Pointer
God and his Dog
Very nice post pineapple1.
Dogs are loyal true friends for life and like bob has said if you treat the dogs with respect the dog will do the same to you.
People underestimate how clever dogs actually are and how they can sense/ see things that we can't.

Richnkim

Dogs still kill and maim the innocent.
Steve.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
God and his Dog
For the life of me.l'm just flabber gasket by the way harmless friendly reassurring thread can turn into a arguementive debate.

l will not get involved in this one ,due to the way it has been hijacked.l have many times commented on the reason's why dogs attack and the way human's have mistreated the animals.

l have now been living in Turkey just under 5 years and not once have l ever been attacked or shown any aggressive behaviour from the stray dogs.That straight away shows what are the reasons.

teresa

Free Thinker
God and his Dog
/QUOTE]

Good to know god was English. Or an American. Or Australian. Defineatley English speaking anyway.

He doesn't like Köpeks as much then. Or cheins. Or hunds.

How silly. It is just a bliddy poem. :77wu: Can't even write a poem in English now without checking it comples with legislation in all countries!

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
God and his Dog
Firstly may i say this is just a poem . Nothing more Nothing less .
And i.m glad dog lovers liked it . Now to respond to Akasya.s comments That dogs kill and maim !! Cars kill and maim and are Dangerous weapons in the hands of Drug users and Drunk drivers . Dogs dont rape women or mug them niether do they cause Wars or spread aids Humans do that ! And some Blind people are dependent upon thier Guide dogs Of course theres Dogs for the disabled the deaf the police and the army Ect And very importantly In countries like Turkey dogs who find people trapped in Earthquakes So if your ever in that position Lets hope a dog dosen.t come near you After all it may kill or maim you under all that rubble !!! Street dogs are not domesticated They have never known love or affection and are affraid of humans .
And to joe in Tasucu .... My husband is also Turkish and i Also have a 10 yr old step daughter , She is grown up enough to realise that each country calls THIER God by a different name !!!!!!! BOB your right dont get into it . Why bother to try and explain Some people will never know what they missed in life . Diana

Akasya

Postless Pointer
God and his Dog
[B]Good morning, further to God and His dog thread.[/B]

I thought this was a lovely poem, enjoyed reading it , thought about it a little, then moved on .Still think that it is a good poem. Re visited the thread a little later and saw a post eulogising “ dogs “ in general. Made a post referring to dogs maiming and killing innocent children. Still stand by that post, never seen anyone killed or maimed by a dog but do believe that it does happen. I would like to ( now I have calmed down ) post a reply to some points made.

Firstly let me say sorry to all those disappointed to see more dog posts on TLF, in honesty it is something that bugs me sometimes, but it's a free forum, so good luck to the dog lover posters.

Bobthenob
Nice one.God has created a true friend. Fair enough if you believe so. I do too, but not the God bit.

A dog will never abandon you
. Not true, dogs run away all the time, ask the animal charities, yes there many reasons why they run, just object to “ Never “.

Will always remain faithful and loyal See above sub “ always”

the dog will never have any grudges against you.. Some dogs just do not like some people, seen it often, “ don't know why he is growling, always loves everyone “

He will show a love that is second to none
. As Pavlov proved, as long as you feed them, have seen wonderful loving dogs, given up by an adoring loving owner for perfectly understandable reasons, then transfer that love and affection to their new owner quite quickly. An admirable trait in many animals.

So true, and glad it is.

Stevecarol

There is no stonger bond than a man and his dog.
If that is your opinion fair enough, however this implies that non dog lovers have lesser relationships, not very nice.

Bobthenob

If humans show respect to the animals then the animals will show respect back with no fear resulting in a mild tempered dog.Dogs attack for reasons of fear that were imbedded in them by the selfish behaviour humans inflict on the animals. Not so Bob, some lovely animals are given up by The vaious services, be they Police, Emergency, Armed etc. simply because their temperament is suspect and they cannot be trusted.

Stevecarol

Sure there are some bad things that happen, so yes lets get real eh, i would rather walk down a dark street and come face to face with with a couple of dogs than a couple of hooded children, also im sure it was not dogs that attacked the two poor old ladies out for a stroll in Akbuk last week, maybe if they had a dog with them, then the ****bags would not have attatcked them eh.
Now lets get real eh

Where do you live ?, I walk any where I like , never seen anyone turn round and walk away because of a couple of hooded kids, but I have seen people go back rather then go near yapping, roaming dogs. Let alone packs of them. As for the two Ladies in Akbuk this is just a Vicky Pollardism , chuck in anything irrelevant to attempt to justify a position.

RichnKim

Dogs are loyal true friends for life and like bob has said if you treat the dogs with respect the dog will do the same to you. So often very true, but not always.

Pineapple1

Dogs dont rape women or mug them niether do they cause Wars or spread aids Humans do that

Vicky Pollard raises her head again, So what. I should imagine that no one has ever suggested they do.

And some Blind people are dependent upon thier Guide dogs Of course theres Dogs for the disabled the deaf the police and the army Ect And very importantly In countries like Turkey dogs who find people trapped in Earthquakes So if your ever in that position Lets hope a dog dosen.t come near you After all it may kill or maim you under all that rubble !!!

How condescending, I know you live in Turkey and that dogs are a large part of your life, however regardless of a statement or position adopted by any person on TLF , unlike you I would not wish misfortune on anyone.

Street dogs are not domesticated They have never known love or affection and are affraid of humans
. Not true, some have been domesticated but their owners abandon them, something I know you believe only too well.

BOB your right dont get into it . Why bother to try and explain Some people will never know what they missed in life . Diana

Diana, once again how condescending, I was brought up in a home alongside dogs, I campaigned and collected funds for the RSPCA and the Mayhew Home in West London. My wife Jackie is a dog lover.,she too was brought up in a home that loved and kept dogs. We now have cats, both of us work long hours and consider it inappropriate to keep a dog locked up all day, and sometimes late into the night too.

All I said was some dogs maim and kill innocents. Is this untrue ?

Every person that owns or keeps a dog has a duty to ensure that young persons are aware of the possible ( however slight ) dangers. Pretending all dogs are, trained, safe and trustworthy does children and vulnerable people a great dis service.

Thanks for reading, regards and best wishes, Steve.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
God and his Dog
Great poem. We just spent two weeks over in Turkey, but when I went to collect my best friend Monty, his greeeting me and the feeling is like no other that I have experienced, it's very special bond that we have with our dog.

:hug:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom