ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Girl, Six, Sexually Abused By 23 Classmates
I read this but I can't believe it happened. Where the heck were the teachers?

'A six-year-old girl was stripped and sexually abused by 23 classmates on a daily basis, it has emerged.'

Here

C

juco

Another example of how this country is failing us. The government put in so called controls to ensure our and our childrens safety and this is the result.

If it were possible this government should be sacked for their incompetence in almost every area they get involved in.

ted j

Absoluteley shocking, Craig. words just simply fail me. Totally agree, J. What the hell is the world (or the uk) coming to?????. If it were my daughter, I wouldn't give a **** about protocol, or "pc", I'd machette the bastards.Ted

Last edited:

DAVIDO

ive always wondered why schools dont get surveillance cameras around classrooms and around schools. i know theres always a budget , but it would surely deter bullying and also stop things like this nightmare occurring.

bethx

ive always wondered why schools dont get surveillance cameras around classrooms and around schools. i know theres always a budget , but it would surely deter bullying and also stop things like this nightmare occurring.

I think its more because when some schoold do install cameras, they have complaints from parents etc saying its an invasion of privacy or other stupid things. If you have them around the school then people will go to the toilets or other uncamered areas to bully. Then if you put them in toilets theres uproar.

teosgirl

I fail to see the benefits of installing cameras in toilets in this scenario...unless you're suggesting that 23 kids piled into a unisex toilet to carry out the abuse?

At the age of six these children should have been better supervised by an ADULT that could STOP any abuse, not a machine that's simply going to record it.
The adult carers let this child down, not poor funding. When I was a child between the ages of 6 and 11 I was supervised along with all the other children during breaks; outside in full view in a safe enclosed playground.

I can't even imagine what would make 23 children want to do such a thing but this is by far the biggest issue of the story. Another investigation into the handling of the case by the school is currently underway.

I would suggest looking at the 'ringleader' (there's always one) and his or her home life.

Charlotte

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I hate reading about this kind of stuff. What is the world coming to.

Tess

Unbelievably sad and sick. The poor child and her family left to pick up the pieces, another child with 'scars' mentally to bear.
If it were my child I would not rest until the instigators of this are identified, like Charlotte I suggest a 'ringleader' is always there and I would insist on a profile of persons and events be collated and used to ensure this never ever happens again.
The parents of the perpetrators should be informed as to what their children are capable of at such a young age.
I certainly would want heads to roll, when you drop your child off at the school gate you do NOT expect them to be subjected to treatment like this.
Many questions need answered on this one, and a full scale enquiry should be launched including the Police with training to handle such a case.
Perhaps it is ongoing, lets hope for the other kiddies it is, this must never happen again.

teosgirl

Tess,

Any right minded person who found out their child was one of the 23 perptrators of this tragic crime would demand a psych evaluation and a couple of therapy sessions at the very least, to aid the investigation and find out what type of problems the child might have.
I would suggest though, at such a young age, that many children felt scared, and pressured to contribute to the abuse, only a few were most likely the instigators of the crime.

I would urge independent statements to be taken from all the children, in the presence of a child pyschologist, even though they can't be prosecuted (and I'm not sure they should be at that age?) for every childs benefit, as you say Tess, it needs proper investigation.

Charlotte

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Here's a more detailed report on the goings-on surrounding the incident.

Not many details of the incident itself have been released because of the ages of those involved.

I would've thought that at least the victim's parents deserve the full details.

C

Tess

The 'instigator/s' clearly have seen/viewed/knowledge of sexual activity at such a young age to have carried out and subjected the poor girl to this.
Very very sad and sick indeed that one so young has knowledge of sexual activity, what happens between boy/girl, whatever happened to playing cars, houses, and dolls.
6 year olds for gawd sake, makes me retch, little more than babies, God love that little girl. God love her Mum and Dad, I would always blame myself for ever for putting her in the environment of harm. Will be very hard to overcome for the child and her family.

Irresponsible parents have a lot to answer for in many cases. Many children sadly do not have the home life and guidance they deserve, that saddens me greatly.

Last edited:

kaplumba

If this story is true it is horrendous. However something does not ring true to me. I don't know about Welsh schools but in England children are supervised at all times. During break times there are teachers in the playground and at lunch times supervisors are employed. In addition children of that age are notorious of telling on each other if someone is doing something wrong and in every school I have ever worked in the moment any child was distressed or hurt another would go and tell an adult. Now of course supervisors can't see all of the children all of the time but to have 20 of them ganging up on one child on a daily basis without anyone noticing or being told about it defies belief.

Last edited:

teosgirl

kaplumba,

Did you read the last report in the link posted by Ceemac, post 11? It answers some of your questions.

The report stated the mother was actually warned by another mother whose daughter was abused?!
The school did try to cover it up until the mother threatened civil court action. This must mean the school was aware of what was going on. On top of this the school authorities in that area have continued to allow all the children to attend the same school, probably the same classes.
That can't be good for their pyschological health? I'm not expert but can you imagine being around the same enviroment...wouldn't they be reliving/talking about the abuse ..how will the other children move on in such a situation?

The other thing is that this case is 2 years old, but only just seeing daylight. It makes you wonder what other things are going on that we're not aware of.

Charlotte

Is it not the time now for the Government to rewind and rid the country of the PC brigade.

Teachers are not allowed to even touch the child, for fear of reprisals from the PC brigade. The removes the human touch that a small child needs. When my children were that age, the teacher used to sit them on her knee and comfort the child.
This increaes the bond, and the children would then tell the teacher whom they trust.
In France the teachers in Primary age schools giev each child a small hug each morningwhen they arrive in class.

In the UK, what happens, the child sees cameras, Security Guards, locked gates. No wonder they are scared to report things.

Bring back the old days, where not afraid to go out and enjoy, free from bullies, sexual predators, peadophiles, whatever.

The Government needs to reinstall commonsense into their values and remove the increasing PC correct brigade

Sorry, Rant now over

Sandy

kaplumba

I've just read it again and it is truly awful. If it is true there must have been several completely incompetent staff at this school with the Head Teacher and governors being ultimately responsible for the safety of the child. I have worked in many schools over the last 30 years and I can't think of one where this could happen as reported. I suppose it could happen once anywhere but on a regular basis defies belief.

Just notice the above post. I have not been into any primary school where there are security cameras covering the whole school. They may have them in reception and entrance areas but this is unusual. Of course teachers can touch children but we have to use common sense as we always have. I can assure you children are not scared to tell teachers if anything or anyone is upsetting them. With children of that age they usually tell you every single incident.

When I was a child there were bullies and I think children were less protected by schools. There were also plenty of molesters and I came across flashers while out playing. This was 50's and 60's. The difference now is in the reporting of these incidents.

Last edited:

DAVIDO

oh i couldnt agree more with your post charlotte. my meaning was it is another back up system. the more deterents you have ,the better. .and as tess said the ringleader is usually the one who encourages others to do do wrong.and as charlotte said, we also had a teacher around at playtimes etc.but one thing that was feared was proper diciplin , which could have put thes problem children on the right track. now the kids rule ,especially the troublesome ones.no fear factor.

kaplumba

This incident, if true is very unusual. I wonder how many posters who complain that children rule etc. actually spend much time in UK primary schools? I have little or no experience of behaviour in secondary schools but over 30 years worth in many UK primary schools. Of course there is discipline in schools. All have rules, sanctions and where appropriate rewards. There are of course some children who for many reasons will choose to misbehave and disregard the rules. I can see it will not be long before someone here says we should be hitting them. I will state now that this only serves to make things worse. Children who are hit only learn that hitting helps to get your own way, the ones who tend to cause the most trouble in schools are the ones who are hit at home. As far as I can see the majority of schools do deal with behaviour well with sanctions that include the withdrawal of privileges. Parents are expected to back up the teachers and when they do face up to the problems and work with the teachers, things are more likely to be resolved. Most children do have a bit of that fear factor and most children of the primary school age actually want to please adults.

cpc1

Forgive me for being so blunt, Kaplumba, but I think a lot of what you've said is a load of rot!
Having worked in a Primary school as a teachers aid, and doing playground duty, it's not true that the children want to tell teacher. To be a tell-tale is not on because of fear of reprisals. Maybe the girls are more into tattle-tailing but certainly not the boys.
At the age of 12 my son was beaten round the legs with a stick by his 'friends' as a birthday present. No-one would come forward and confirm this, I could do nothing!! My son begged me not the say/do anything.
There is no respect in schools, for teachers or, in fact, for others as human beings. There is no discipline either at school (and I would emphasize that is not the fault of the teachers) or, it seems to me, at home.
Draconian as it is when I went to school the cane/slipper/ruler/chalk were used to very good effect. I, and both my brothers, grew up having a very healthy respect for teachers and other schoolmates.
And that is where the problem lies

kaplumba

Well we will never agree there then and I wont be so rude as to say you are talking rot. We were talking about 6 year old children not older ones and I agree the problem becomes more difficult to deal with as they get older. It does need to be dealt with effectively as young as possible and that usually means before they actually get to school. Six year olds will happily tell on their classmates I can assure you. I will never agree that hitting a child is the correct thing to do and I would not want any assistant working along side me who felt otherwise. However they do need to be disciplined and many teachers have the skill to do this effectively if backed up by the parents. In my 30+ years in schools I have almost always felt respected by both parents and children and I have worked in schools from all sections of society. Of course you can't please all of the people all of the time but in general most kids and their parents are ok.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom