gerald

Ginge and proud
Does he chuckle at blonde or Irish jokes I wonder:tigger:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rGdChsMAc]YouTube - Angry Ginger Kid[/ame]

Martyn

Ginge and proud
Way of the world, no matter what is 'different' about you at school it will be picked on. Whether you are fat, skinny, ginger, short, tall etc it will happen, it's not right but it will happen. Learn to deal with it.

gerald

Ginge and proud
Quote:
"what if like me you are perfect and people cant think of anything to pick on you about?"

Nobody likes a smartass :)

giglets

Ginge and proud
Poor kid.

Said he contemplated suicide.

Have seen some child/young people's suicides in my time and was always amazed at the so-called "small things" that tipped them over the edge.

When I was at secondary school, my Dad had terminal cancer, and during a period of remission, following extensive chemotherapy, he was called "Baldy" by some of my classmates [ obviously because the chemo had caused total hair loss. ]
I found this "joke" very upsetting and, as a consequence, got into many brawls/punch-ups. I still don't understand, to this day, how young kids can be so unfeeling and downright nasty in some of the things they say.

I am usually one of the first on here, to say "dry your eyes", or something similar, when some members get a bit over-sensitive about strong, adverse comments - but that is in the context of adults having a well informed, vigorous, moderated and even-handed debate.

I would never dream of treating kids in the same way.

So, I don't agree with those who say to this kid, that he should ignore all these insults and just "get on with it".

I think it could be a lot more serious than that!

Dave

Latest Posts

Top Bottom