RustyDalyan

Getting to Dalaman
Hello all,

How do people get to the Dalaman-linked resorts in Winter?

Also, sometimes a cheap package deal is cheaper than any of the flight only prices. Has anyone ever done the thing where you book a package deal but just use the flight and go to your own resort/accommodation when you get there? Would the travel co. put any conditions on this where you have to use the accommodation you booked with them?

Best cheap flights to Dalaman too would be useful.

Many thanks.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Getting to Dalaman
There's no problem with not using the hotel on a package. Just make sure that on arrival at the airport or resort, you inform the travel rep, so that they don't think you've gone missing.

One of the best sites to keep watching is Skyscanner

Don't forget though that Cyprus Turkish Airlines - KTHY have sheduled flights between the UK and Dalaman throughout the year.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Getting to Dalaman
In the winter the various transfer companies still operate to the major resorts, ie: resort hoppa, A2B

Where to do you want to get to? Next question, where do you want to fly from?? Best companies for winter Dalaman flights are Thomas Cook and KTHY.

Have used packages in the past, normally stay the first night for convenience and then tell rep you will be there for return transfer - although not any packages in winter to Dalaman area.

CJD

Getting to Dalaman
Unfortunately Kthy no longer fly to Dalaman in the
winter they stopped this service last year so at the
moment there is only TC that fly in the winter,
What I am interested in finding out though is what
Domestic flights are available from Dalaman in the
winter, apart from turkish air to Istanbul, are there
any flights to Sabin Gochen in Istanbul? cause there
are flights from there to uk with easy jet and Pegasus.

Pegasus also fly direct from Stansted to Bodrum
through the winter and there are quite a few flights
to Antalya

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Getting to Dalaman
Pegasus fly through the winter Mon Tues and Sat to Istanbul from Dalaman.

Last edited:

matty

Getting to Dalaman
Hello all,

How do people get to the Dalaman-linked resorts in Winter?

Also, sometimes a cheap package deal is cheaper than any of the flight only prices. Has anyone ever done the thing where you book a package deal but just use the flight and go to your own resort/accommodation when you get there? Would the travel co. put any conditions on this where you have to use the accommodation you booked with them?

Best cheap flights to Dalaman too would be useful.

Many thanks.

Unfortunatley this winter flights to dalaman from the UK have been cut back!
Antalya airport is another option! drive takes approx 3hours.45mins.
If you do find a cheap package, just let the travel company staff at the airport, know that you will not be going to the accomadation.

Good luck

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Getting to Dalaman
Sabin Gochen in Istanbul. Then connection to stanstead or you can choose carrier and other uk Airport. Hope this helps Carol.

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Getting to Dalaman
The only reason i know is that is the route i am taking back in oct as tc prices were silly. checked all other months till march so may use them again.

CJD

Getting to Dalaman
We flew to Izmir with BA last xmas then booked
in January to fly back with pegasus Izmir to Istanbul
then Easy jet to Gatwick

RustyDalyan

Getting to Dalaman
Thanks guys, people on this forum are so helpful! SonnyJim, it's Dalyan I'd like to get to, from Manchester. I'll check out the internal flights from Istanbul as people have mentioned. Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom