carolk

R.I.P
Getting the tick in the right box - Kat Mulkiyeti.
We have had a number of people visit our office just recently asking about how/what they need to do to change from Kat Irtifaki to Kat Mulkiyeti so, Gokhan paid a visit to the Bureau to get the exact information.

This is our latest information from the Takim Buroso as of 19/10/09.

You must have you Habitation Cert. As most of you know if you don't have a copy you can get one from the Belediye, the last one I went for cost 10TL.

If one has not been issued for your home it can not be changed.

You need to take your Tapu, Passport, Hab Cert and Dask to the Tapu office, photo copies are acceptable.

It can be done on an individual basis or as a block by one person as long as they have the relevant photo copies from everyone.

There will be an estimated cost of around 250TL per person. (Cant pin them down)

Please be careful as, we spoke to one lady yesterday who was just trying to just update her own app and they have charged her for the full block despite her not having everyone else's paperwork!!!

Crescent Homes is willing to assist anyone having problems with this individually or, as a block of apartments. Receipts will be provided to show the costs.

DAVIDO

does that mean i have to still rely on other people in block being available, or is it something you can do yourself if you are in a complex block?a lot of our residence i feel dont even know about tick. its only being on forum most find the info.

davido

Tess

Thanks Carol for the much needed updated information.

DAVIDO

yes your right tess, ive heard a few people who have had it changed,but usually find they have a individual property or some people say they have had it changed but it really is just a late issued tapu which is going to be correct.
davido

Tess

Hopefully Carol will have some info on your question Davido. For the little cost involved but for the massive peace of mind I would be inclined should I soon be in the position to, ask Crescent to carry out the procedure on my behalf.

carolk

R.I.P
does that mean i have to still rely on other people in block being available, or is it something you can do yourself if you are in a complex block?a lot of our residence i feel dont even know about tick. its only being on forum most find the info.

davido

Hi Davido

You can do it for you own property/app, you do not have to do the whole block together.

jewel

Carol we got our tapu changed 3 week ago .We were charged 160 lira.We did this ourselfs without an agent.I have a receipt from the Tapu office for the 160 lira but had to ask for it.By the way we watched them do the replacement Tapu ourelfs and then when they stuck the new pic's on we had to go into an office where the Tapu was signed and stamped in 2 places. jewel x

panther

When someone in our block went to do their own it was going to cost £240 600Tl. This was for one or for the six same amount.

jewel

hmmmm whats going on, why the difference in cost.Ours is a Villa on a complex. jewelx

carolk

R.I.P
I can understand the confusion regarding money, I have to confess we don't understand it ourselves. Gokhan went there especially for step by step info and they would only give an estimate as to cost which I did say. Good stuff Jewel, looks like its another one of those 'charge what suits you on the day'!!! I would say,make sure you get a receipt then, if charges differ in the same complex you can go and sort it out.

jewel

Hi Davido, no we did'nt need an interpreter,although the English speaking lad did ask if we wanted one, which poses the question..... why would you ? except so a bit more money for someone's pocket.Have to say that others on our site paid more but that was because they got someone to do it for them,to save the hassell. jewel x

tinkyman

what can they do to you if you do not bother.
do you get a ticking off perhaps?
I thought this had all died a death

tomc1984

Yes but can someone please explain why we need to change the Tapu?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

Hi Tomc, I think Carol is confirming the requirement if your Tapu is at Kat Irtifaki stage, if it's Mulkiyeti, you shouldn't need to do anything, as you've got the full works. The Irtifaki is when it's at the stage of awaiting the full habitation certificate. We recently went to Yalikavak Beliydere with our Kat Mulkiyeti Tapu and paid our Council Tax without any bother, all they needed were the reference numbers from the said Tapu, they did the "Computer says YES, gave us a slip of paper, and off we went to another booth and paid up.

I hope I'm on the right lines here Carol

RIK

I was under the impression that all of this had been cancelled ? Yes or no ?

Ian

jewel

No it has been extended for 2 years,so where you had to get it done before nov this year you now have up to 2 years to get it done without the fear of a fine, however I never beleaved the powers that be could possibly have implemented the fine as there are thousands and thousands of Tapu's all over Turkey still without the Kat Mulkiyeti box ticked and who was going to go round checking !!! even if they did it would have taken years. jewel x

carolk

R.I.P

Hi Tomc

This was the way Cem (our TLF solicitor) explained it a while ago.

While holding a kat irtifaki deed of a property, you are not deemed to have an apartment, but share of a property(1/16 or 1/22 for instance). You have to apply to the land registry office for changing the type/description of your tapu with this reason. Some of the members here might have heard about the type changing before, it's called cins degisikligi/tashihi in Turkish.

This law has not gone away, just postponed and much easier to do now. Hope this helps.

Yes Sunny, you are right. A full tapu has to have Kat Mulk on it, if not it has to be changed. Unfortunately they can check from the Tapu office as they have copies there.

I posted this because we have suddenly had a spurt of enquires.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom