sydnay

getting my dog from turgutreis to the UK
Hi anybody who can help me,

I am currently working in the UK,and want to get my dog Monty here, can anyone help me with advice and steps to take?
iv heard i could get him here via Greece, is this possible and can i avoid the 6 months quarantine.
Also if anyone is driving from Turkey to the UK possibly you could help me, and of course I would pay for the inconvienence
Warmest Regards Sydnay

Turkey to UK is 6 months quarantine in the UK, otherwise you could take your dog to say Greece but it would have to stay there for 6 months before getting a pet passport and then entering the UK.

Last edited:

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
As per the OTHER thread on this subject, this is the advice from Sharon:

hi i saw your message and was quite relieved i too have been trying to find out what to do to get a puppy back from bodrum and thought i might gain some answers but once again to no avail. After several hours of phone calls and internet use i gained a lead. you have to fly from dalaman on the same flight as pet. your pet must be micro chipped and have the rabies jab. you have to get a health certificate from vet and also a 3 page suvey which needs to be signed and stamped by government vet once this is complete arranging quarantine is plain sailing. if you contact either Ed or Nigel at inbound@ladyhaye.co.uk phone number 00441342 832161 they will get your flights sorted and assist you. I hope you find this information valuable and wish you well. would be good to hear how you get on with things,

Sharon

simonbell

As per the OTHER thread on this subject, this is the advice from Sharon:

I don't believe this info is complete. Even with all of the above, the pet would still have 6 months quarantine in the UK.
I had a friend who lived in Istanbul & he had to re-house his animals before returning to the UK.

Gin&Tonic

If you take your dog from Turkey to the UK then it must go into quarantine for 6 months. You can go via a European country and he can stay there for 6 months while you get his Passport and he can go back to the UK. These are in France and a few people have used them and have been pleased with them. If you try their website - Welcome to Le Chenil du Caravelle, boarding kennels, Normandy France - they should be able to help you.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
I don't believe this info is complete. Even with all of the above, the pet would still have 6 months quarantine in the UK.
I had a friend who lived in Istanbul & he had to re-house his animals before returning to the UK.
I'm not sure you read and understood Sharon's item which I cut and pasted. It clearly says: 'once this is complete arranging quarantine is plain sailing. if you contact either Ed or Nigel at inbound@ladyhaye.co.uk phone number 00441342 832161 they will get your flights sorted and assist you.'

Ladyhaye are boarding/quarantine kennels near Gatwick.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom