Martyn

getting it wrong
Just reading the fiasco thread about referees getting it wrong reminded me of a match I played in years ago. We were defending a corner and the opposing player took the corner, the ball hit the outside of the post and rolled back along the line to the person who took the corner. He chipped it in and one of our players hand balled it. They got a penalty and fortunately missed it.

I was a qualified referee at the time but never pulled him up on it until after the game when he realised his mistake. What was the mistake and what should have happened?

Saoirse

getting it wrong
this reminds me of the "you are the ref" series that was in the Shoot magazine many moons ago

Saoirse

getting it wrong
I am gonna guess that another player had to touch the ball legally before the corner taker could kick it again

Martyn

getting it wrong
Correct Phillip, played the ball twice the same as if the ball hit the post on a penalty and came back to the same player. So it should have been a free kick to our side.

Martyn

getting it wrong
lol I've seen referees get it wrong plenty of times in matches I've played in.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
getting it wrong
when sir alex spots a refereeing mistake everybody berates him !!! whats all that about ?

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom