Getting Electricity Pole Moved ?
I have searched the forum but can't find any posts on this subject - can anybody assist?

We have electricity lines directly above our pool - no more than 5 metres above the water level.

We had the villa and pool built in 2005. We noticed the electricity pole at the corner of our land, and the cables running across the corner of our site. Only when the site was raised a couple of metres to make the most of the view did we spot that the cables were now a little TOO close to the pool. We've lived with it for a few years - even when I do one of my belly flops, the water goes nowhere near the 5 metre level. I'm very concerned though that somebody using the pool may point one of those 'super squirters' or whatever at the wires, or that somebody manages to make such a huge splash......God forbid.

Neighbours and friends tell me not to be alarmed - there's little chance of contact! They've even suggested the wires are insulated (wrong!) My basic DIY head tells me that any contact, even intermittent and it's likely to be curtains. I want to get this sorted and fairly quickly. The pole carries two lots of cables - lower voltage (240/380 volt??) and several metres above high above those are the more powerful voltage cables that run into the local area. There seems no logical reason why the pole can't be moved 10 or 15m further along the road, where it would follow the line of the road rather than cross my property.

I suspect that -as with almost everything in Turkey- it can be done at a price. My brother-in-law is Turkish and owns the house next to ours - I'm going to ask him to contact Tedas/Aydem when next out in Turkey to see what can be done. Has anybody had a similar experience, or any idea of cost? I'm not expecting it to be cheap, but need to bite the bullet on this one!

Many Thanks.

Gerald

tiiegil

Hi Geraldhyder, we have a similar problem with a pole, although not over the pool it is a bit unsighly and also bent ! we would like to get it moved, I am sure we were told that when the new lines go in it was supposed to be moved but they have only done part of that and it is still with us, we also bought in 2005 and can also understand your thoughts, sorry cannot give any advice on it, we are going out soon so will be asking the question and will of course come back and let you know if we find anything out.

Tiiegil,

Thanks for the reply - my sister and her Turkish husband are going out to Turkey in a few weeks. They are going to enquire about the possibilities - much better than me asking when I suspect they might just pluck a figure out of the air and give it to me.

I think the electricity supply in some towns (Turgutreis rings a bell?) are being put underground but I won't be holding my breath for that in Gumusluk, particularly as we are some way from the main village.

Likewise, if I hear anything useful I'll post it on here.

Gerald

tiiegil

Hi Geraldhyder, were in Foca so again although talk has been about new lines and some have been put in, I reckon it will be a verrrry long time before the rest go up but will keep in contact with you if I find anything out too. Hope your family have a good trip.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom