blackpool

Gettıng rental deposıt back
I paıd a deposıt before movıng ınto my apartment. Telephoned the agent on Saturday to say that I would be collectıng my deposıt and handıng over my keys - they saıd no problem. Thıs mornıng they dıd not seem to know who I was or anythıng about a deposıt. Refused to hand my keys ın but they don't seem that bothered. My deposıt was paıd to the owner ın England - have no receıpt. What ıs the best actıon to take: I wıll of course tell the whole of Altınkum ıf I do not get ıt back. Have contacted the owner and she ıs very honest but would be ınterested to hear from anyone else who has had a sımılar problem.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
I am not sure about this one Blackpool :kafa: I would have thought that as you paid the deposit to the owner in the UK, then she was liable to refund your money. I assume that she also uses an agency for letting the apartment? You didnt say who you actually booked it through. As far as I can see the agency would be liable if the booking was done through them, they would ı hope forward the funds to the owner, but as she the owner appears to have accepted your rental deposit then surely she is the one you need to be dealing with :kafa: The agency may only be key holders for the owner. I think you need to contact the owner and although you say she is honest, she is not coming across to me in a very good light. Sorry I cannot help you further.

mkc

Last edited:

stoop

If she's as honest as you say then you should get you money back. I would imagine if you paid it to the owner in England that you will get it back from her and not the agent.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
blackpool said:
Refused to hand my keys ın but they don't seem that bothered. My deposıt was paıd to the owner ın England - have no receıpt.
If you don't hand over your keys they might use that as an excuse to refuse refund. Ditto the above - I don't expect the Agent has your money. Presumably they report back to the owner if there is any damage and she then returns your deposit if there is no problem. Perhaps you are being too hasty? If everything else fails ask her if she will tell the Inland Revenue about the transaction, or should you do it!

Ian

Delia

Delia
If you booked with the owner and paid the deposit to her then she must refund it. I presume it is for breakages etc. You have to give them chance to report back that is all ok before they refund it but I am surprised that you did not agree on renting terms before you rented !!!!

Top Bottom