immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Getir Delivery now in Fethiye
The home delivery firm Getir is now up and running in Fethiye. New to me, not sure how long it has been here.

Anyway, home deliveries from restaurants and cafes. Also, individual grocery items. Food is similar to Yemeksepeti, perhaps a little more expensive, and payment is card only. Delivery charge sometimes applied. Range of non-food items (unlike Yemeksepeti) includes anything available in the shops - from individual ice creams to washing powder.

Ordered snack today, and the countdown to it arriving has the scooter driver shown moving on the App, so I can see exactly where he is.

App is in English and Turkish

Ian

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
The home delivery firm Getir is now up and running in Fethiye. New to me, not sure how long it has been here.

Anyway, home deliveries from restaurants and cafes. Also, individual grocery items. Food is similar to Yemeksepeti, perhaps a little more expensive, and payment is card only. Delivery charge sometimes applied. Range of non-food items (unlike Yemeksepeti) includes anything available in the shops - from individual ice creams to washing powder.

Ordered snack today, and the countdown to it arriving has the scooter driver shown moving on the App, so I can see exactly where he is.

App is in English and Turkish

Ian
Just what we do not need. How many more polystyrene container will be used I wonder. Money first every time.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
As it happens, everything arrived in recyclable paper/card, which went into the recycling bin this morning.

I would take the other point of view, that Turkey needs to embrace the modern trends in consumerism - they do not live in a museum. It would not take me more than a few moments to work out how a delivery system, with a boy on a scooter, is better than me getting into the car to go shopping.

Ian

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
How many meals can be cooked for one shopping trip? We had 3 meals last week from one turkey leg.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
How many meals can be cooked for one shopping trip? We had 3 meals last week from one turkey leg.
That is like the old school questions - if it takes one man three days to eat a turkey leg, how many legs can he... etc etc

You raise all sorts of questions: how big was the leg? Did it walk there unaided? Do you want us to send food parcels (by courier)?

I have this vision of a family, sitting at a table, with one turkey leg between them, and wondering how to make it last all week.

Ian

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
That is like the old school questions - if it takes one man three days to eat a turkey leg, how many legs can he... etc etc

You raise all sorts of questions: how big was the leg? Did it walk there unaided? Do you want us to send food parcels (by courier)?

I have this vision of a family, sitting at a table, with one turkey leg between them, and wondering how to make it last all week.

Ian
2 people 3 days, = 6 meals. Rocket science it ain't.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom