Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Geris
Went for a walk up there for only the second time in five years. What a pretty little village, stunning views, lovely houses and friendly people. Geris should have its own forum on here.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Geris
No efes ....really....can see your sitesi from there Lesley. Panorama restaurant and a couple of small tea houses and that,s it.
We are on a walking regime at the present. Tomorrow its Gumbet.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Geris
No efes ....really....can see your sitesi from there Lesley. Panorama restaurant and a couple of small tea houses and that,s it.
We are on a walking regime at the present. Tomorrow its Gumbet.

Oh I'll have to remember not to hang my Bridget Jones' out then lol.

jeff

bayview
Geris
I have to admit that Geris has passed me by but will put it on the list for our next trip. Where is it in relation to Yalikavak?

Geris
jeff. Get the Geris bus up to the village 1.1/2 tl much easier walking down. The views up there are lovely, there is a website I will get the details from our friend the Mutah Ramazan and post on here.

Geris
There is a little shop you can buy Effes. If you get off the bus at the Mosque take the first turning left and follow the road round you do a circular walk of the village taking in the views of Kos & Kalymnos then as you walk to the right side of the village you can see all of Yalikavak. The bus goes all round the village too, we went up one evening the driver pulled in to the side of the road shut all the lights off so we could take in the view of Yalikavak at night, beautiful it was too.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Geris
There is a little shop you can buy Effes. If you get off the bus at the Mosque take the first turning left and follow the road round you do a circular walk of the village taking in the views of Kos & Kalymnos then as you walk to the right side of the village you can see all of Yalikavak. The bus goes all round the village too, we went up one evening the driver pulled in to the side of the road shut all the lights off so we could take in the view of Yalikavak at night, beautiful it was too.

Must admit,Geris is a jewel that we have passed by previously.

Gazarra

Geris
Must admit,Geris is a jewel that we have passed by previously.

I've just got back after 15 days in Yalikavak,was hoping to catch up with you this time Des.

My wife and I walked from Blue Water Bay to Geris everyday.We always have a cup of cay at the small cafe run by Sofia opposite the mosque.There is another cafe alongside the mosque but we've only used that one a few times.At the small shop we buy our water,eggs and yogurt and always buy our bread at the small bakery. The bakery has a wood fired oven and uses only pine which gives that extra bit of aroma to the fresh bread,the baker is one of the happiest young guys you could meet.

Some people think we actually walk up there to get our bread But I always explain if you have to exercise each day,and I do, you couldn't have a more picturesque goal to aim for and the bonus is hot fresh bread and some delightful people to practice Turkish with.

Gazarra

Geris
I love the walk up to Geris quite hard work but worth it.
Is it true that the huge castle type building that you can see down & to the right is being built for Elton John?

Gazarra

Geris
I love the walk up to Geris quite hard work but worth it.
Is it true that the huge castle type building that you can see down & to the right is being built for Elton John?

As far as i know it is owned by a local millionaire who made his fortune selling carpets.

The swimming pool is built into the rock hillside and from the Panorama you can often see them diving from the cliff .

Gazarra

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Geris
I've just got back after 15 days in Yalikavak,was hoping to catch up with you this time Des.

My wife and I walked from Blue Water Bay to Geris everyday.We always have a cup of cay at the small cafe run by Sofia opposite the mosque.There is another cafe alongside the mosque but we've only used that one a few times.At the small shop we buy our water,eggs and yogurt and always buy our bread at the small bakery. The bakery has a wood fired oven and uses only pine which gives that extra bit of aroma to the fresh bread,the baker is one of the happiest young guys you could meet.

Some people think we actually walk up there to get our bread But I always explain if you have to exercise each day,and I do, you couldn't have a more picturesque goal to aim for and the bonus is hot fresh bread and some delightful people to practice Turkish with.

Gazarra

Next time you are here Paul we must set a time and date for a few beers.

Gazarra

Geris
By the way,for those a bit more adventurous there is an alternative way to the village.

Just past the Olive Tree restaurant on the road to Gumuskaya,there is a bend and a small turning off to the left. Quite a wide grass track at this stage.It takes you down through the valley and then becomes a bit rough when you have to climb the otherside to Geris village.

Interesting wild life and fauna and the odd snake.

Gazarra

Latest Posts

Top Bottom