Holty

Geris village
Hi all, i'm new to the forum and wondered if anyone new this place (Geris village, Kavaklilar site) and were abouts it is in yalikavak. I'm spending 2 weeks there shortly and wondered how easy it was for our transfer to find?

Thanks, Mark

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Geris village
Your transfer should know where Geris village is. Its on the road between Yalikavak and Gumuskaya and is a very obvious uphill turn to the left because you have to cross in the face of oncoming traffic. No road markings or obvious right of way indications. At the junction you either go up the hill to Geris or down the hill onwards to Gumuskaya and Gumusluk.

pldouglas

Geris village
A pretty village with some absoloutly stunning views - not a lot of night life though if thats your thing. It is easy to find as the previous reply described.

sunseeker

Geris village
There is a new bus service to and from Yalikavak started this year I think ite every 30 mins up to Geris village and continues until about 11 pm.

Holty

Geris village
Thats fantastic, thanks for your reply. Was getting slightly concerned about the distance we were from town..

Gaynorr

Geris village
Hi,another new one to the site, with a few things i wanted to ask and was wondering if anyone could help us as this would put our minds at rest.
Firstly, could anyone tell us were the nearest large supermarket and bank is, we were told when we booked that the migros was in yalikavak but now we are told otherwise.
Does the dolmus run to Geris village and how often do they run and what time till? someone said 11 but they are normally 24 hour in other parts of turkey.
Also, are there any shops,bars, anything at all in Geris village as we have no details on the villa as we were let down on a property rental and have rented this place last minute....

Many thanks, Gaynor.

Last edited:

biggles

biggles
Geris village
Hi,another new one to the site, with a few things i wanted to ask and was wondering if anyone could help us as this would put our minds at rest.
Firstly, could anyone tell us were the nearest large supermarket and bank is, we were told when we booked that the migros was in yalikavak but now we are told otherwise.
Does the dolmus run to Geris village and how often do they run and what time till? someone said 11 but they are normally 24 hour in other parts of turkey.
Also, are there any shops,bars, anything at all in Geris village as we have no details on the villa as we were let down on a property rental and have rented this place last minute....

Many thanks, Gaynor.

I have been once to Geris village & if i remember it was a road that went up & up Quite a long way & it was a old village . There is a big Migros on the outskirts of yali on the torba road dir . I think there is one in yali but not sure . The Migros on the Torba road is a fair way beyond Yali if walking . Someone will tell you more about shops in \geris ,i cant as i went there at night in a car & we went up & up & through smalll winding village streets till we reached a cafe right at the top with spectacular views . bit from the main road turn off its not far to yali on the dolmus .

biggles

biggles
Geris village
Your transfer should know where Geris village is. Its on the road between Yalikavak and Gumuskaya and is a very obvious uphill turn to the left because you have to cross in the face of oncoming traffic. No road markings or obvious right of way indications. At the junction you either go up the hill to Geris or down the hill onwards to Gumuskaya and Gumusluk.
obviously if coming from gumusluk dir you go past jandarma [on left ] & when you start climbing that steep hill it is a sharp right turn [almost like doing a u turn ] up the hill road to Geris . [ when i say jandarma i mean the next jandarma on the left a way past kamelya sitesi .

Holty

Geris village
I have been once to Geris village & if i remember it was a road that went up & up Quite a long way & it was a old village . There is a big Migros on the outskirts of yali on the torba road dir . I think there is one in yali but not sure . The Migros on the Torba road is a fair way beyond Yali if walking . Someone will tell you more about shops in \geris ,i cant as i went there at night in a car & we went up & up & through smalll winding village streets till we reached a cafe right at the top with spectacular views . bit from the main road turn off its not far to yali on the dolmus .

Thanks Biggles, sounds like we're a bit of a walk from town or the sea then and we have a nice hill to climb.. not sure Gaynorrs gonna be terribly impressed. Lets hope the views while we drink our margharitta's more than make up for it!!

Gazarra

Geris village
I think everyone is getting a bit confused as to what exactly is meant by Geris Village on this thread.

The actual village is as stated on the top of the hill.It is beautiful with a totally different pace of life to the rest of the peninsular.I walk there almost every day when in Yalikavak .As far as I know there is no "sitesi" there......thank God, so perhaps you need to check the actual location of your holiday residence.

At the bottom of the hill this is still regarded as Geris even my post address at Blue Water Bay is officially Geris.

Gazarra

Gazarra

Geris village
Hi Griff,

Yep a 3.6 kilo baby girl ,Lilya,this morning............Anna and baby are doing well

Gazarra

Gazarra

Geris village
Thanks Griff will do.

can you help Holty out with the position of his sitesi.I've never heard of it but is it one of those at the end of Dalyan Caddessi .

Gazarra

Holty

Geris village
I think everyone is getting a bit confused as to what exactly is meant by Geris Village on this thread.

The actual village is as stated on the top of the hill.It is beautiful with a totally different pace of life to the rest of the peninsular.I walk there almost every day when in Yalikavak .As far as I know there is no "sitesi" there......thank God, so perhaps you need to check the actual location of your holiday residence.

At the bottom of the hill this is still regarded as Geris even my post address at Blue Water Bay is officially Geris.

Gazarra

Hi Gazarra, its the Kavaklilar sitesi, please tell me its near the bottom of the hill!!

Mark

Geris village
Hi all,, I don't know this site and I didn't know there was one in Geris.
I have done a search on Google and cannot find anything. Can you please check the spelling of the site name.

Just been checking Google-Earth, Wikimapia etc, no Kavaklilar site. The one near us at the end of Dalyan Cadessi is "Yalibuk".

But will keep looking, unless someone else on hear can find out locally.

Griff

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom