Tess

Geeky Help please ... cannot complete on Easy Jet Site.
I wonder can someone explain what I am doing wrong or what is wrong with my computer which I need to address ???? thanks in anticipation.

Over the weekend I have been trying to book my Daughter flights from Liverpool with Easy Jet to Belfast Int.

I can find the dates, prices make the selection BUT when I press continue the page freezes and a big rectangular white box sits on the screen and the timer comes up .... it just sits there and will not continue ... ???

Rang Easy Jet yesterday... no problem with their site ... got a lovely lady and she completed the transaction for me over the phone at the same cost so no worries there, but I want to book others and as I did not know exactly at the time of speaking to her I did not do it over the phone.

Can someone explain what is wrong .... my laptop is not working at the mo so therefore I am on old faithful the Apple Mac / Firefox etc ... do I need to clear cookies etc the lady suggested that..... many thanks for thinking what could be wrong... bear in mind I am light years better than I used to be on a computer but far far far from an expert. :slapme:

You put your dates and destination in the search facility and then two sections come up with date and prices one is outbound and the other is return are you clicking on the flight you want in each box so it turns orange then click continue.

Jane

butt007

Warren
I assume you have fully completed the details such as card num. and security num. on reverse of card and then clicked "Purchase" where it then tells you to wait maybe 40secs?

It happened to me last year were a white box with writing in red came up saying "Error" and some num.or other and just sort of sat there.

Turned out that it simply would not accept my HSBC Turkish mastercard!!!! So I used my English HSBC Debit card......and hey presto problem solved.
Warren

Tess

I am not getting to that stage Warren, I am selecting dates, confident they are correct and no luggage, she is travelling with hand luggage only, it is when I click continue - the big white rectangular box appears, the page freezes and the timer comes up, it will not continue at all.

Jane, I will try as you suggest, thank you.

Bubskar

Easyjet missed out on a good few bookings I made last year because when I clicked to "pay" it just showed there was an error. Hence I booked with other airlines. I mentioned this to a friend who goes back and forth at least 3 times a year and goes for Easyjet and she said the same thing - "..... you've got to keep trying until it accepts the payment...." Phew haven't got time for that. I've never flown with them and it looks like I never will. Glad you got booked up though - sometimes it better to actually speak to a real person :38:

Tess

I wanted to make several bookings in advance for Melissa as it works out cheaper that way, sadly not to be, if it continues Bubskar I too will look back to Bmi from Manchester for her although they now since beginning of January fly into Belfast City Airport and Belfast Int is only about 20mins away from us. To call them it was super as the lady was very nice and very helpful but it is something like 65 pence per minute grrrrr !! although she did match the internet price.
At the top of the page it said sign in or register - I am wondering if I need to do that, cannot recall that before when selecting flights.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
hi Tess

does your pc have the latest version of java and flash player installed ? they may use one of these in their forms...just an idea

martin

Tess

Hi Martin, no I don't think it has - sometimes I cannot watch things on this Mac ie links on threads and posts etc as it says I need to install Flash Player and Adobe Reader - does that make sense ???, I am almost sure I don't have that trouble on the Laptop and since I wrote the above post I am almost certain the last time I selected flights was on the lappy.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
i know on my pc, sometimes a site will tell me i need to install the latest flash player, java updates seem to come along automatically, that said i know nothing about apple macs

martin

Tess

LOL!!! join the club Martin, I know even less - it is a super machine - never ever any trouble with it but it is very precise and always makes you check before entering sites etc if they suspect anything and tells you perhaps they are not secure etc, and you have to click you agree to continue, not on the easy jet site but on others at times.

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
This is step by step how I've got the site to work:-

Book cheap flights and find last minute flight deals ? easyJet.com

1. Put in outbound (e.g. Liverpool)
and inbound requirements (Belfast BFS)

and tick (optional) if dates are flexible

2. then you should be displayed with a list of cheapest fares

3. select outbound date/price by clicking in the table list displayed (the box should turn orange)

4. then select inbound date/price by clicking in the table list displayed (the box should turn orange)

5. on the right hand side you should see a orange box saying 'continue' click this (you may need to repeat steps 3+4 if there are many flights a day to BFL)

6. then as you don't want baggage (that has a cross through it) click CONTINUE at bottom.

7. then it may ask you again do you want to add bags/insurance
click the white No Thanks button

8. then it should come to :
Have you booked before?
Fill in your passenger details and pay
I've booked with easyJet before
Your email address*
Your password*

I have forgotten my password.

I'm new to easyJet.com, chose whichever one.
I noticed it takes a few more steps with this Liverpool to Belfast thingy but on my browser currently using Firefox it is working.

If the above doesn't work maybe try another browser Safari, Internet Explorer or whichever you prefer.

Anyway, hope you can book a few more seats for your daughter online. I'm thinking of using Easyjet (1st time to go to Turkey maybe in April so hope it works for me too, seems ok so far!)

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
in fact in the scheme of things i know very little about pc's !!!!

martin

Tess

in fact in the scheme of things i know very little about pc's !!!!

martin

Toooooo modest, I doubt that lol :first:

Thank you New Horizion, brill, step by step. I will have another go later on when I get some time.
xxx

tintagel

Hi Tess, not very 'geeky' myself lol but I just phoned my son 'he is geeky' lol. He says it would be a good idea to try taking the steps to make a booking with another company (stop before you confirm!!), that will tell you whether its your computer or the Easyjet site.

If its the Easyjet site, phone them & ask them what the problem is. Hope that is of some help x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom