gren

GBP/LIRA Exchange Rate Predictions?
Its gone down from 2.5:£1 to nearly 2.4:£1 in the past couple of months.

Does anyone have any EDUCATED, INFORMED or indeed WISE predictions to the next couple of months?

GUESSWORK with valid reasoning also gratefully accepted.. :hmm:

stevecarol

My Guess is that it may go up or it may go down, who knows, but thats my guess:15:

PASH

I am like you Steve, one part of me reckons it may go down but on the other hand, something tells me it may go up! This is based on guess work from 4 years experience of watching the lira

dksbbs

I think the lira will get stronger and the pound will go down, my reasoning is that the present fall seemed to be triggered with the news that the IMF and Turkey were close to a new deal, this should be confirmed soon as Turkey have reduced spending which was one of the requests from the IMF, also the different accounting bodies based in the UK keeping releasing forecasts about the depression in the UK and how it will last longer than expected and the the UK government need to increase taxes to pay for everything, this will continue to impact the £.

Thats my thoughts and the reason I bought a load of lira 6 weeks ago and so far I have been proved right, however saying that I hope I am wrong.

Dave

manc02

One thing for sure if things dont change, they'll stay as they are ! Thats my opinion anyway.

tjd

Last time I was coming home (end June) I lifted an English version of a Turkish daily paper in Istanbul Airport and there was an article which stated that Sterling would rise towards the end of the summer to about 2.75ytl. Needless to say I'm still waiting!

gren

Last time I was coming home (end June) I lifted an English version of a Turkish daily paper in Istanbul Airport and there was an article which stated that Sterling would rise towards the end of the summer to about 2.75ytl. Needless to say I'm still waiting!

When is the "end of summer" tjd? September or October...?

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Gren, it ended here in Dundee about 3 weeks ago lol.

Jeannie :224xb:

tjd

When is the "end of summer" tjd? September or October...?

Hi Gren,

I don't recall if the article was that definite. I'm hopeing it's the last 2 weeks of September, but....... this is Turkey, anything could and probably will happen.

Andy37

Should I bring Lira £ or Euro when I visit in September, any 1 got an answer pls.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Today's Turkish newspaper is predicting further interest rate cuts and low inflation for the next year.
The IMF agreement, if it is made, which might boost the Lira, is unlikely to be agreed before October.

Ian

luddendenturk

The Very Fat Sailor!
Should I bring Lira £ or Euro when I visit in September, any 1 got an answer pls.

Andy, bring whichever is the currrency you use at home. Bring Euros if you're coming from Ireland, or English Notes if you're travelling from anywhere else in GB.

You will get a much better exchange rate for your Lira in resort.

Lots of other useful info on the site. Try the search function at the top of the page.

tjd

Be careful carrying notes with you, IMHO it's better to use your card in ATM's to take out reasonable amounts of Lira.

Try the search facility, there have been loads of discussions on here previously about the Lira and the best way to get it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom