esb1841

GB NEWS
So a big plus then?---Gosh, some of the GB likers logic is insane 😲
You will have to ask the advertisers,
I see well known beer brands advertising, promoting and selling their products at football matches, do they withdraw as some as there is football rioting as a news item in the media
Or as a well known Irishman states

Ryanair's Michael O'Leary: 'Short of committing murder, bad publicity sells more seats'​

As long you run around generating noise, which is now easier because you’ve got all these halfwits on social media ranting and raving, inventing stories, it drives people on to our website. And we don’t spend €50m or €100m on marketing companies to do it.

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
So your logic is, downplaying Paedophilia is a useful and effective advertising tool 😲 As I said before, insane logic, but time will tell

esb1841

GB NEWS
So your logic is, downplaying Paedophilia is a useful and effective advertising tool 😲 As I said before, insane logic, but time will tell
Its the same logic that if the lefties just ignored GB News I sure the channel would have been disbanded within 12 months
Now with the campaign GB news will still be around in 10 years time.
If Channel 5 had chosen a white caucasian woman to play Anne Boleyn it's more than likely that the series would have appear on television and disappeared without trace. which is not the affect that most tv producers are seeking

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
Its the same logic that if the lefties just ignored GB News I sure the channel would have been disbanded within 12 months
Now with the campaign GB news will still be around in 10 years time.
If Channel 5 had chosen a white caucasian woman to play Anne Boleyn it's more than likely that the series would have appear on television and disappeared without trace. which is not the affect that most tv producers are seeking

So the twisted logic says it will be a success and it will be the fault of people who dislike and condemn it, and the people who support it do so because well, who knows the logic of the right whingers :rolleyes:

Camden

GB NEWS
I don't hate anybody - too much effort and negative energy required. Unlike Lefties, who hate everybody who thinks differently to themselves. As usual, have to bring Nazis into it - typical Leftie shorthand - close down discussion, lock up the journalists, close down the news you don't agree with, call anyone that argues a Nazi.

You can see where these snowflake students get their inability to consider other points of view - it is from their parents; you can't blame the students, if they have an inadequate upbringing, how can they survive in the real world.

Ian

I am, I guess what you would class as a leftie Ian ? and I don't hate you, just disagree with you... but If you are in need of a safe space, if you are feeling abused? I am sure it can be arranged LOL ...

Why, do you think keeping people informed by allowing them to know the background and political thinking of the Right Wing funders and the staff on this new station ...is not a good thing ? so people can make an informed choice to base their opinions on ?

Unfortunately in the UK we have a tendency to follow US trends, and we have seen the effect and influence some right wing TV Channel with a Populous bent, have on an electorate? Done by portraying themselves as a serious factual News Channels eg like Fox News, when they are not.

We on the UK have already had a problem, (some say a continuing problem) allowing a Rich right wing Media Magnate ( ala Murdoch) in influencing or anointing Political Leaders and their parties into Power ....

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
GB NEWS
FFS its a new news outlet & that's all it is, how hard is it not to watch it or anything else we don't like??
It really has become a forum of moan, moan & even more moans about anything and nothing.
I'm not bothered what anyone watches, I'm not bothered about footballers taking the knee, nor am I bothered about fans booing them.........its called CHOICE.
What I am bothered about when it comes to news channels is the disgraceful way the BBC rolls, why am I bothered? Because I've paid into that for years.

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
Fair enough.....but it was also a general point about threads.
Like our society at present, there is a wide difference in general opinions, mostly left--right with a bit of fuzziness in between, it cannot help but transfer to an opinion forum like this [ I blame the Tories :ROFLMAO: ]

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
Is Mike Hunt one of those pesky lefties?

The new network, a kind of weird little British cousin of Fox News, hit the airwaves Sunday—and it’s hard to see how it could’ve gone much worse. It’s been beset by technical difficulties that have rendered it unwatchable, hosts have repeatedly fallen for joke names from mischievous members of the public including the all-time classic “Mike Hunt,” and freaked advertisers have already started abandoning the network in their droves.

But the worst moment, by far, has been the appearance of author, reality television oddity, and royal hanger-on Lady Colin Campbell. The socialite, known as Lady C, was invited on air to share her wide-ranging and badly misinformed opinions about current affairs on Tuesday. She ended up offering a rare defense of Epstein and his pal Prince Andrew.

In a segment about British anti-wokists’ favorite topic, Meghan Markle, Lady C was asked if Prince Andrew had damaged the reputation of the Royal Family more than Prince Harry by befriending arguably the planet’s most notorious sex criminal. Host Dan Wootton—who opened his debut show with a confused anti-lockdown rant on Sunday—referred to Epstein as a pedophile in his pretty straightforward question to Lady C.

“Well, first of all, may I say, pedophile is a medical term,” she began, presumably as producers behind the scenes felt their hearts squelch in their chests. She said it wasn’t fair to call Epstein a pedophile because he tended to prey on teens, which she said actually made him an “ephebophile.” She and Wootton eventually agreed that Epstein was “a dodgy character.”

Have I got it all wrong and am missing a comedy show on the lines of The Office 😲

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS

Saoirse

GB NEWS
Lol
I firmly believe it was always meant to be taken as a parody of how given a live tv platform the raving right would use fake news ott alt right presenting style and utilise an exaggerated comedyesque format in spewing out not to be taken seriously views and comments

An excellent light entertainment attempt but was never going to be a long runner- especially when gammons bless them started taking it seriously and thinking it was a for real news channel

6/10

See also Drop the Dead Donkey

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
Lol
I firmly believe it was always meant to be taken as a parody of how given a live tv platform the raving right would use fake news ott alt right presenting style and utilise an exaggerated comedyesque format in spewing out not to be taken seriously views and comments

An excellent light entertainment attempt but was never going to be a long runner- especially when gammons bless them started taking it seriously and thinking it was a for real news channel

6/10

See also Drop the Dead Donley
I recommend "El Dorado" for more factual content than GB News, and no knees shown at all :ROFLMAO:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom