Kanga

GB NEWS
I've no idea what's there to win.
DAs mistake IMO was, using double jeopardy in the context in which she did. My take on it was, to deport was a further punishment after time served for the original crime. If that was the case, it would mean the UK couldn't deport any criminals after time served.
In which case the less lawabiding amongst us could well decide to take matters into their own hands and 'encourage' a 'voluntary' repatriation.
I though that when people came to this country and applied for citizenship they agreed to uphold the law.
Perhaps I was mistaken.

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
You would be hard put to find anyone averse to deporting serious criminals, but is that always the case? I thought that, due to changes in regulations, people who were brought here as children, were educated and worked through their lives were being deported, there are groups who would have us all believe only gangsters were being deported. These are the folk D Abbot is trying to help---"
The Windrush scandal, which broke in April 2018, saw the UK government apologise for deportation threats made to Commonwealth citizens' children.
Despite living and working in the UK for decades, many were told they were there illegally because of a lack of official paperwork.
Since then, reports and compensation schemes have been launched, but some people are concerned that not enough has been done."
Outcry over plan to deport Jamaican nationals who came to UK as children

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
I thought that if they came here as a child under age 12, by law they couldn't be deported?
From the article.---Last November the Home Office made an agreement with Jamaican officials not to remove people who came to the UK under the age of 12, according to Jamaican high commissioner Seth Ramocan. “They have consented to having an age limit. It’s a request that has been granted,” he told the Guardian last year. It is not clear whether this concession was granted only for the last Jamaica deportation charter in December, amid strong public pressure against the flight, with support from Bernardine Evaristo, model Naomi Campbell and historian David Olusoga.------It's was a retrospective "agreement" not a law and can be abandoned very fast. Boris's Government has a poor reputation for backsliding on signed laws, let alone agreements.

GB NEWS
What might be missing here is dual nationality. They may hold both passports. I've got friends born here but also own passports for their families country of origin. On top of that, the UK must have an agreement with that country, which they do with Jamaica.

mollag

Kipper restorer
GB NEWS
Captain Mainwaring [Pompous twat from Sleepy's opening post] has left the News room. more hoots and giggles predicted, Farage to wear a funny hat to seem more serious.
Who will save us now from those horrid lefties :rolleyes:

Andrew Neil will never reappear in GB News, I understand a few days after he made a prickly critique of the channel during his BBC 1 appearance. Question time..

Veteran broadcasters publicly resigned from their role as chairman and flagship presenter last week, hosting an eight-episode self-titled show and announcing that they will continue their new role as regular contributors.

But in a verbal war between Neil and GB News CEO Angelos Frangoplos, the deal collapsed a week later.

Appeared in Question time Last Thursday, Neil said he had resigned due to disagreements over the direction of editing the channel, making him a “minority” among senior executives.

He asked viewers if the channel would change to the UK version of the right-wing US outlet Fox News, and then “draw your own conclusions about why I’m here, not GB News.” Told.

The statement is understood to have infuriated GB News bosses, and the channel is reportedly considering legal action against Mr. Neil.

The scheduled appearance on the Nigel Farage program on Monday night was canceled following fallout.

The boss initially decided to end the show altogether after considering having Farage face up live in the air.

GB News believes that Neil’s departure from the company is considered invalid. In other words, the presenter is no longer obliged to appear at the station.

Saoirse

GB NEWS
I think some of you are being a bit harsh

You seem to be insinuating GB news is a rabid right wing racist/sectarian bile platform who's purpose is to continue to promote disharmony by showcasing individuals and events which have the sole purpose of sowing division and hate.

Well you're just so wrong.

Latest- After BBC NI decided to finally drop live coverage of the OO ( KKK!l ) annual 12th July hatefest GB news has announced they will be providing its full live coverage!!!!

The announcement was gleefully welcomed by GB News own inhouse paragon of inclusivity and diversity- the lovely Arlene Foster OO member and former leader of that welcoming liberal party DUP

Chasey

GB NEWS
I think some of you are being a bit harsh

You seem to be insinuating GB news is a rabid right wing racist/sectarian bile platform who's purpose is to continue to promote disharmony by showcasing individuals and events which have the sole purpose of sowing division and hate.

Well you're just so wrong.

Latest- After BBC NI decided to finally drop live coverage of the OO ( KKK!l ) annual 12th July hatefest GB news has announced they will be providing its full live coverage!!!!

The announcement was gleefully welcomed by GB News own inhouse paragon of inclusivity and diversity- the lovely Arlene Foster OO member and former leader of that welcoming liberal party DUP

I am confused wasn't the BBC accused of being a super Woke Marxist bunch of remainer anti UK people last week?

Top Bottom