beyazbayan

Gay Mosque
My theory and İ am not a theological scholar but if we believe that God created all things then it seems logical that he also created homosexuals as well as hetrosexuals. So surely we must accept them without question. Also İ feel sure that this mosque will be well advertised and therefore any male who does not approve will be able to avoid having to pray with persons of a different sexual persuasion.

teosgirl

Gay Mosque
What does the Koran say about homosexuality and sex outside marriage?
(I'm sure whatever it does say it's vague and can be 'interpreted differently depending on the person')

Charlotte

Gay Mosque
good for France ..but i cnt see it happening in a Muslim country

Military service in Turkey can be avoided by gay men but they have to prove they are gay and go through some humiliating checks

can you remember the us tv series m.a.s.h where there was a male nurse trying to get out by pretending to be gay

although there are some openly gay places in Turkey in general its not easy for them although there was gay pride march in Istanbul which is really progressive for a Muslim country.

BBC News - Proving you're gay to the Turkish army

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Gay Mosque
Wouldn't it be great if tanks and fire engines were pink ?

Saw i pink tank in Hyde Park once , was presented by the G L F. A polite enough protest.

There is a blue mosque why not a pink one , right on Des.

Steve.

Gay Mosque
hah..would have to compete with the women only metro bus that is being planned for istanbul and will be painted pink...could be fun mixed messages

TCJ

Gay Mosque
There is a blue mosque why not a pink one
Steve.

There is one, and it is next door to the blue one!

View-of-Hagia-Sofia-Mosque-Pink-Mosque.jpg

But if the Hagia Sofia is not pink enough for you, try the Beemapally Mosque in India. Now that really is pink!

View-of-Beemapally-Mosque-1.jpg

Last edited:

Justin66

Gay Mosque
Dont think its right to discriminate making mosques gay or straight, seems all wrong to me and going by the general attitude in turkey and how gays are looked down upon by so many it would be a disaster for gay straight mosques in turkey, I know istanbul has moved on a bit but in general the turks who as we know are mostly islam do not agree with homosexual practice.

cockneyturk

Back to Turkey
Gay Mosque
Love the thought of a pink mosque, might even make me go. Just got back from a trip to Istanbul and the gays bars there are packed out, mostly with married(the family's think they are in the local tea house) Turkish men. And then during the day they go back to their str8 life. Many many Turkish men love the company of other men, and only marry cause its expected of them.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom