Maisie

Gas Lift Chair
My printer died, so bought a new one. Because under my desk is worse than spaghetti junction, I decided to take my chair out so I could crawl about under the desk easier. Mistake!!!

After a lot of hard work, hubby and I got the chair out. However, we then decided that it would be easier to put back (when ready) if we took the spider off the bottom. Make it lighter too. Took off a sort of circlip on the bottom of the spindle, removed a washer, and the chair parted company from the spider.

Gloss over the trouble with the new printer (it seems my operating system is too old to get drivers), but a nice man on the HP forum told me how to do it. Only after five hours, 3 packs of 20 fags and hubby threatening to throw it out of the window.

So, now to put the chair back. I took the spider into the room, and wrestled the chair back in. Hubby lifted it, I threaded the spider back on, replaced the washer and circlip and thought that was it. Nooooo!

When we turned it up the right way, the spindle just went right through the hole in the spider, which we can manually move up and down on the spindle. But it won't stay. I am at a complete loss as to how this damn thing works.

Prior to taking it out of the room, I dropped it to it's lowest level. I must confess I did not take much notice of the spindle when we took it apart. I assume the "gas" bit is in the thickest part of the spindle. But nothing moves. We have pulled the lift lever but nothing happens.

I reckon this is a tip job, but hubby is convinced that someone on here might know what we are doing wrong.

Here's hoping!

Maisie

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Gas Lift Chair
The ones I have had are a friction fit Maisie ie there is nothing to undo they just push together, you can get new gas rams from Amazon for not a lot of money but be sure to measure the length first, you may have trashed the original one.

Martin

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Gas Lift Chair
You really should make a TV soapy of your life Maisie, always something exciting going on!

But you might have to moderate the language on occasions or it would be PG rated :)

Maisie

Gas Lift Chair
Oh. Forgot to say the worst bit. In carrying out the old printer, I tripped over the spider (who put it there?) and gashed my leg. About 3-4 inches long. Huge great blood filled sort of blister, leaking at the bottom.

Hey ho. Must make sure it doesn't turn into an ulcer again.

Maisie

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Gas Lift Chair
You really should make a TV soapy of your life Maisie, always something exciting going on!

But you might have to moderate the language on occasions or it would be PG rated :)

And if it is to be screened in the US they would have to blur out the fags, like Del boy's calendars

Latest Posts

Top Bottom