Garden centre/plants Akbuk
Hi,hope to be starting to do our garden in about 4 weeks time,so where do we get plants from?Is there a garden centre locally or are there stalls on the friday market.We did see a lorry stuffed with plants going through Akbuk while we were there a couple of weeks ago,is this it as far as choice goes.
Hope Bobthenob around as he seems to be a keen gardener.
Mavis

Mushtaq

Founding Member
There is a plant centre on the road that goes up to Ozcelik Sitesi, just off the main road to Akbuk.

(the junction in the centre of the map below)

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=akbuk&sll=54.525961,15.255119&sspn=95.192809,316.40625&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=37.403318,27.43284&spn=0.005966,0.00912&z=16&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>[/GMAP]

There is another place on Kazikli road, you can also buy plants from the Friday market.

aitchij

aitch
Ive seen a lorry going rould the sites selling but I dont know dates or times so thats not much use. but I know there is a good one on the left hadn site heading our of Akbuk past the caprice and holiday hotel a wee bit along the road. We have bought a few things our of there for gifts the had a great serlection
Gail

bobthenob

Non Active Member
The vehicles with the plants driving around selling them off are more exspensive then the plants you would get from the local market on a Friday and also the garden centers in the Akbuk area.
Go straight to the garden centers and the market.They will deliver the plants free of charge on the amount you have bought.
Say for instant you want to buy the plants in the market and you have picked out what you want.Haggle on the price and just keep on haggling,until you feel satisfied.

What sort of garden do you have in mind.Low maintianance,mediterranian style display with perrinials that will establish themselves with a bounty of fruits and flowers.Certian type of plants will deter the mossies from your garden if you extract the sap from these plants.
l have a thread that mentions the plants to introduce in your garden

Hi All
Thanks for information.
Bob,the house we are buying is only a few yards from the market so should be able to walk them back.
We have been living abroad for a while so have some idea of what grows well but will come and see you if we need advice,if thats ok.
Mavis

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Hi All
Thanks for information.
Bob,the house we are buying is only a few yards from the market so should be able to walk them back.
We have been living abroad for a while so have some idea of what grows well but will come and see you if we need advice,if thats ok.
Mavis

That's a bit of luck you living close to the market.
Just out of curiousity just compare the prices of what the truck is charging to what the market is charging.You will have an idea of what to avoid then from being ripped off.
Please do not hesitate in any way if you what advice on planting arranging or what plants that you have in mind,,etc,,etc.

My house is next to the council office with a massive for sale sign up

Thanks for all the help.Bob,will be in touch if we need any help once we arrive.
Off to Greece now for a week so wont be on for a while.
Mavis

We bought some beautiful plants in the market on Friday, 3 shrubs for 10ytl and roses 2 for 5ytl, also larger specimens for 7ytl, but the more you buy, the less you pay,

sharon

EVELYNNE

evelynne
I bought my plants at Akbuk market the best selection and cheaper thanthe other places I found .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom