Garanti Bank Charges
I recently noticed that 34TL was taken from my account at Garanti Bank under the heading ""2009 YILI 2 YARIYIL HESAP ISLETIM UCRETI"".
After a visit to the bank the lady there said that this was a bi-annual
charge on the account because I have now set up direct debits for AYDEM ELECTRIC,TURKCELL 3 MONTHLY TOP-UP and MONTHLY SITESI FEES.
This is the first time I have had this charge although I have had 2 of the direct debits functioning for over 3 years.
Anyone had similar cherges???? Tesekkur ederim from a very GREY and WET Yalikavak

ChrisBobs

Garanti Bank Charges
I have account fees on Finans with no direct debits, and AKBANK with one Turkcell,
I dont think it matters now- and Abank have soemthing called Tarife that seems to limit / charge you what transactions you have before they are each charged for...? Yet to figure that one!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Garanti Bank Charges
we used to bank with Garanti and at that time they charged a bi annual fee unless you had direct debits, it appears that has now changed

mallin

mal mc cullough
Garanti Bank Charges
noticed that i too was charged when i checked my account but i knew it was coming.hsbc charge per month....incidentally i lodged 20 quid sterling in my hsbc account 18 months ago.it got whittled down each month as per charges until there is nothing left.i have tried to close the account to no avail and i know if i do make a lodgement then each month no payment has been taken due to lack of funds i will have them accumulated and taken at lodgement.what happens if i just forget about the account now that there is nothing in it?????or should i just when on holidays in march cancel the thing

wesaaron

Garanti Bank Charges
We opened a GBP account at HSBC Bodrum and get charged about £1.85 per month just to have the account open, put £60 pounds in a few months ago when we opened it and now theres less than £50 and we havent used the account for anything.
Opened a TL account at the same time but didnt put anything in that one so dont know if we will get charged or not.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Garanti Bank Charges
I recently noticed that 34TL was taken from my account at Garanti Bank under the heading ""2009 YILI 2 YARIYIL HESAP ISLETIM UCRETI"".
charge on the account because I have now set up direct debits for AYDEM ELECTRIC,TURKCELL 3 MONTHLY TOP-UP and MONTHLY SITESI FEES.
This is the first time I have had this charge although I have had 2 of the direct debits functioning for over 3 years.
Anyone had similar cherges???? Tesekkur ederim from a very GREY and WET Yalikavak
Hi Ray

We have pm'd you

Martin & Linsey

ThePeg

Garanti Bank Charges
When we opened an account with HSBC we were told that if there was money in the account then we would be charged. If there was no money in the account then no charge. This is OK as we only use HSBC for transfers. However, we keep money in our Garanti account and have to pay the charges there.

Freshness

Garanti Bank Charges
We opened a GBP account at HSBC Bodrum and get charged about £1.85 per month just to have the account open, put £60 pounds in a few months ago when we opened it and now theres less than £50 and we havent used the account for anything.
Opened a TL account at the same time but didnt put anything in that one so dont know if we will get charged or not.
6 months later you will get charged around 30 turkish lira

Freshness

Garanti Bank Charges
Nearly all banks in Turkey do it, I hate it too...
When you ask them, they say we manage accounts, ATM's and we have to take it from every customer...
There is a way not to pay it, for Garanti Bank if you give your 2 bills for automatic payment, electric bill, water or gas bill, every month your bills will be paid from your account and they wont charge any extra fee.
You can enter 2 bills from internet banking
same for Akbank

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom