nessie53

Furnishing apartment at Turquoise
Hello and happy new year to you all.
My name is Irene and I have bought on Turquoise in Coral. At last I have my kitchen sink and taps so I can now look to putting furniture in. My question is how long do you think I would need to select items and have them in the property. I am unsure as to how long to book my trip for. I noticed Winchman had asked for some package company names so I will look them up. I did go over last April but the flat was far from completed so that was a wasted journey. I don't want to make the trip to short just in case. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
:thanks:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
We took a week out to buy all our furnishings (white goods were already sorted), and went to a place on the main dual carrigeway into Bodrum, p.m me if you want the name of the shop. I can recommend and all was in place exactly how I'd planned when we arrived on the day the sitesi was opened.

dalyansteve

Unless you are particularly fussy, you should be able to get everything you need in a couple of days. Quite often you can find one stop shopping and you can get everything delivered the same day.

tjd

I have to agree with Steve above.

Arrange to rent one of those Fiat Doblo type cars, and you'll be able to visit all the local shops in Milas, Mumcular, and Bodrum and what you can't carry back the shop will deliver.

Create a list before you go, which will make it easier. Some small items can be bought in the UK and carried in your luggage to get you through the first night.

Peter J

Hi – we also have a place in Tuzla. We hired a ‘man with a van’ (well actually it was a flat bed truck) for a day and got two 3 bed-roomed house-loads of furniture from IKEA in Izmir. I think we paid about 200GBP for the driver and vehicle and we contacted him through a car rental company.

We sorted out exactly what we wanted in advance (furniture, curtain, pots and pans etc) and then emailed the list through and we were allocated a couple of really helpful staff members to find what we needed and help load up the truck with us. It was all very simple and painless and apart from the white goods, all done in the one day – well apart from assembling it all, but that’s another story!

Would definitely do it that way again

Dee

Alexander

Hi All Tuzlans!
I furnished up the house in Gultan a year ago buying everithing in Milas, just for having had no time and little money. It took me 5 days, including purchase and installation of all white goods and klima. Had some delivery delays with SKM Mobilya, and the A/C installer was the worst installer I've ever seen in my life - had to ask another guy to fix everithing two months later.
When chosing your furniture be aware that humidity IS a threat.
Try to find wooden or (if this does not disgust you) "bauhaus"-like items, avoid fiberboard where possible. No natural fabrics - just synthetics. Mold damages everything if the rooms are not adequately ventilated.
This is not to scare you, just to warn.
I know the same mold problem exists in Flamingo (last March I stayed there for a week).

Annie 75

Hi irene
I recommended reliance property care to winchman. They are a great company. really nice honest people. they furnished my apartment from top to bottom and when i came it was all ready to be used i didn't have to lift a finger it was great. they also manage my apartments. can't say enough good things about them.

Good luck

nessie53

Thanks everyone for your help. I have booked 6 days at the end of March and hope that will be enough time to select and order most items. I expect to go back again in April to finalise every thing. I will be using a lady to take me to different places and also have pieces made to measure, she came highly recommended. I have gone through most sites to see what is available and cost so I will have some idea when I arrive, well that's the plan but we shall see.

ChrisBobs

That is good news- good luck and hope the whole process is really enjoyable with a great result!

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Hi Nessie

Did you see Tess's post yesterday, she needs to see her entire apartment contents and they are beautiful. Well worth your while taking a look.

Maura

Latest Posts

Top Bottom