Firebrand

Furnishing a flat in Dalaman
Merhaba. My husband is due to come over to Dalaman in a couple of weeks and if everything goes to plan with the paperwork, he will need to do some basic furniture shopping so that myself and the kids will be able to come over when the schools finish in July without sleeping on the floor. (If it doesn't go ok with the paperwork, he'll be the one carried out from the Tapu office in a straight jacket).

Can any of you kind Dalamanites recommend places for him to look at while he is over? I think in the first instance it'll be really basic things like beds, a fridge, crockery, etc. Although I think that we also need to put in a shower, sink, etc

We are in spitting distance of the newish supermarket, but I have no idea how wide a range of products they carry.

Are sofabeds easy enough to get, or would we have to go to a bigger city?

Thanks in advance.

F

PDM

Hi Firebrand,
we have a four bedroom villa up a Whiterock and we furnished it from local Dalaman stores. We have two silver bunk beds single an double beds all purchased from Becko electrical store (beds upstairs). The sofa bed and sofa was purchased from Kelebek also on the Dalaman road. All the electrical goods were delivered and installed also by the same Beko store. Dalaman has almost everything you will need to furnish your property. Good luck and hopefully we will meet up 1 day in Dalaman.

GnD

Hi Firebrand,

Firstly, I wish you all the best for the paperwork, and hope there's no need for the straight-jacket!

Paula is correct to recommend Beko shop. It's on the airport road, right-hand side by the penultimate set of traffic lights. The owner - cannot remember his name, and I should, has good English as does his assistant Fatma. One time we changed our mind over a tv and another had to exchange something, superb service esp delivery. The beds we ordered are fab and they also do the gas refills for oven/hob.

Orhanler, one street back parallel to the High Street, has a good range and again a reliable shop.

Kelebek is lovely, good quality but you pay for it. Don't regret our purchase though one of our best.

Mavi store on the right as you drive down the high street is great for small electricity bits (not white goods).

We also liked Idas in Ortaca, on the left on the main road into town.

all the best
Debbie

Hi Firebrand

I would agree on the shops suggested, but if your looking for some "European" items it is worth a visit to Ikea. The drive is 3 and a half hours to Izmir but worth it. Yes some items are more expensive than in the UK but we bought quite a lot there and it worked out quite cheap.

I live in Dalaman so if you need any help please send a personal message.

Good luck
Martin

Firebrand

Thanks for your help everyone.

He is actually from Turkey and is coming over to sort his pension in Istanbul, sort the paperwork on the flat in Dalaman and then get the basic furniture. I think that if he can get the first two done without the straight jacket he'll be happy!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom