ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Funny Football Chants
Although football related, I think it's wise to have this in the padded room and some of it may be completely inappropriate :becky:

I'm sure you've experienced loads of funny chants at games - here's a few I've either heard or heard of;

West Ham fans to Liverpool fans;
'We've got DiCanio, You've got our stereos'

A variation of the same from the Hammers fans;
'We've got DiCanio, You've got f*ckallio'

Sung at Norwich fans to the tune of The Addams Family;
'Your father is your brother, Your sister is your mother
You like to shag each other, The Norwich family'

Wimbledon fans used to sing re Neil Shipperly, (at that time their captain), to the Chimneysweep song from Mary Poppins
"Ship Shipperly, Ship Shipperly, Ship Ship Sheroo,
You're not much good but then f*ck it, you'll do".

Some classics from the tartan army; singing to the Italy fans;
"we're gonnae deep fry yer pizza's, deep fry yer pizza's" or standing under Eiffel tower before marching to the stadium in Paris;
'it's just a big f***ing pylon"

Liverpool fans after Jimmy Traore missed an absolute sitter (to the tune of Blame It On The Boogie;
"Don't blame it on Biscan, don't blame it on Finann, don't blame it on Haman, blame it on Traore.
He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet..."

Spurs to Arsenal fans;
'You are my Lennon, my Aaron Lennon, You make me happy, when skies are grey,
You're better value than theo walcott , And by the way sol campbell is gay'

'You don't know what your doing'
By Coventry fans when a bride and groom appeared on the pitch, away at Charlton

After Ranger's keeper Andy Goram announced that ha had been treated for schizophrenia, Kilmarnock F.C. fans chanted,
"Two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams".

Sung by Liverpool fans when Big Ron Atkinson was in charge at Old Trafford;
'He's fat, he's round, his arse drags on the ground, Atkinson, Atkinson'

And this to finish;
'When your up in row z and the ball hits your head....its zamora'

Keep them sensible!!! :thumbup:

C

johny

Funny Football Chants
Chelsea fans to the Norwich fans a few weeks after Delia Smith had her "let's be avving yow" rant:

"We've got Abramovich, you've got a crazy b*tch".

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Funny Football Chants
I seem to remember a Champs League game between Celtic and Arsenal where the Celtic fans sang something like;
" We've got more Englishmen than you"

Arsenal had no english players playing for them whilst Celtic had one, I think it was a defender called Fox.

Maybe Philip or Parrot could confirm.

C

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Funny Football Chants
I've allways wanted to know what they sang at football matches but my son inlaws would never tell me,

Jeannie

parrot

Funny Football Chants
Why must they ALL sing that one to the tune of the Wild Rover,a bit of originallity would be nice for a change.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Funny Football Chants
Believe me Jeannie, you wouldn't want to!

These are only the repeatable ones.... :)

C

Peregrine

Funny Football Chants
I've allways wanted to know what they sang at football matches but my son inlaws would never tell me,

Jeannie

how about the perennial

que sera sera
whatever will be will be
were going to Wemberley

or on a more sinister note

his names nemanya
hes from serbia
he'll f***ing merder ya

or my favourite from the 60's

if you go down to woods today you're sure of a great surpise
if you go down to the woods toaday you'de better go in disguise
cos jeremy the Sugar Puff bear has cropped is hair
and bought some boots and come to joint the shed end (or whatever home end suits your team)

Last edited:

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Funny Football Chants
Pork pie, sausage roll...come on Preston, give us a goal.

Sung by Preston fans to Burnley:
Chim chimeney,
Chim chimeney,
Chim-chim cheroo,
We hate those b*stards in claret and blue!

Pardon my french but this is sung by Preston fans to Blackpool fans:
When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what will I be,
Will I be Blackpool or PNE,
Here's what she said to me:
Go wash your mouth out son
Go fetch your father's gun
And shoot some Blackpool scum
Shoot some Blackpool scum.

Last edited:

jewel

Funny Football Chants
Lyndsey as we are just up the road from were you are from (Walton-le Dale) I can confirm those songs from the odd time I have been to Preston North End with my Hubby although I wont admit to singing them,lol. jewel x

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Funny Football Chants
Jewel, I'm born and bred Preston. My parents have moved to South of the Ribble now though and are just off Croston Road.
Small world! x

jewel

Funny Football Chants
Think your Dad may have been an old customer of ours Lyndsey when you were in Leyland and he was in the building trade here.He may have purchased his roofing slates from us when we had Hope Bros a few years ago.As you say small world,but then there are a few Leylanders in Altinkum. Sorry for going of topic. jewel x

Smiler

Funny Football Chants
One Forest fans used to sing to the sheep a few years ago.

There's a circus in the town,
(in the town)
Robert Maxwell is the clown
(is the clown)
And Arthur Cox has got the f****g pox
Derby County going down!!
(Going down!!)

Then changed to:

Get the beers in all around
Robert Maxwell's gone and drowned
And Robert Lee is shaggin Gregory (John Gregory, ex sheep boss)
derby county's going down

jandj

Funny Football Chants
I was linesman at the football league game when Mark Mcgee brought Leicester to Reading . He'd left Reading in December 1994, amidst much controversy. He apparently left for the money, because Leicester were bottom of the Premier league.
On the day police were everywhere, because the Reading fans were planning some kind of action. It was around Christmas time because I remember thousands of fans bought those little bags of chocolate covered in gold, to throw at him.
Anyway as the teams entered the pitch and Mcgee took his place on the bench, the entire crowd erupted with.
(to the tune of daydream beliver by the Monkees)

'Cheer up Mark Mcgee
Oh what does it mean for a
Fat scottish bastard with a
**** football team, whohohoaa...

jandj

Funny Football Chants
Never made premier league, just had 9 years at Football league level. I used to enjoy FA cup in January as I was often appointed to a London game. Went to Chelsea, Tottenham and Charlton. At Charlton I was linesman for the amazing Graham Poll. I know how he comes across to some people, but he really was a superb referee.
I also lined at Spurs vs Blackburn in the 1993 Coca cola cup and Bristol City vs Newcastle cup match when Newcastle were managed by Kevin Keegan and hammered City 5-0.

Saoirse

Funny Football Chants
just a quickie

as an official whats your opinion on the passive/non passive aspects of the current offside rules?

jandj

Funny Football Chants
The passive/non passive aspect of offside is very confusing. The linesman (assistant referee) has to judge in a split second, whether or not, in his opinion, the player is seeking to gain an advantage,or interfeering. This will happen, sometimes at distance, sometimes with an obstructed view, and always in front of a biased crowd, breathing down his neck.

Back in the 1980's an ex-Leeds player, who was plying his trade in the lower divisions, as manager of Rochdale, would always ask the referee which diagonal he ran. In other words on which wing the linesmen would be running. The winger of Rochdale, somehow always found himself in front of the linesman, obscuring his view. Conincidence?

I wish the offside rule was simpified, is the attacking player in an offside position...yes, then flag. No...then dont.

I always gave myself 4 seconds to flag.
1 Is he offside
2 Have I got to give it
3 Shall I bother
4 Yes/no

By giving myself time, the decision was made for me, the ball might go through to the keeper, be cleared by a defender or still be in posession of the attacker.

McDHibs

Funny Football Chants
Hibs Hearts derby game Hibs fan shouted at the away fans

"your mother makes a sh*t breakfast"

But my all time favourate

"We hate Jimmy Hill he's a poof he's a poof" sung at most Scotland Games

Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom