Fun with tear gas (anti-IMF demos today)
My lawyer and I were in Istiklal when the protestors were in full swing and being on the wrong end of a pepper spray/tear gas is no fun believe me:( It didn't get us full on but we were caught in its tail wind which was bad enough.
One man died of a heart attack and I saw him being rushed to hospital and most worryingly, my best friend is not answering her work mobile, her private mobile is off and I am going to go to her office tomorrow to see if she got caught up in this.
Living in the centre can be a bit too full-on at times; we get all the demos here and thank goodness they built a metro near where I live so I can bypass Istiklal that way.

And the protestors smashed the cash machines of my bank and so now I have to travel about four train stops away to get to an unsmashed cash machine:(

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisBobs

Just saw it in detail on TV - looked horrific, all the way down Istiklal. Hope you feel ok now.

Starman who used to be on here got his car shot at by the police and set on fire whilst he was still in it!!! Was on show TV news.

suzyq

Gosh is he alright, wish he would pop back for a quick visit

Latest Posts

Top Bottom