bebs

Fuming
Anyone ever hear of a hotel that didnt accept cash? Reserved a room for my daughter and her boyfriend in Birmingham for two nights using my credit card ,hotel wouldnt allow them book in, because they hadnt credit card and woulnt take cash in advance . Have booked this way several times before never a problem , am fuming ..............Bebs

Tess

Fuming
Ahh Bebs what a to do, do you mean they did not get to stay there ? Where are they, did they have to go to another hotel ??

In September when we took Melissa to Crewe, I booked Crewe Hall over the telephone with my Maestro card, they took all the details but didn't process it, when we arrived and checked in and I was paying for the room the receptionist said shall I process your card and I said No, I'll pay you cash, was accepted no problem.

Saoirse

Fuming
cash certainly isnt king anymore

It is more expensive for supermarkets for example to take cash and more and more its moving towards debit/credit cards for shopping

bebs

Fuming
Ahh Bebs what a to do, do you mean they did not get to stay there ? Where are they, did they have to go to another hotel ??

In September when we took Melissa to Crewe, I booked Crewe Hall over the telephone with my Maestro card, they took all the details but didn't process it, when we arrived and checked in and I was paying for the room the receptionist said shall I process your card and I said No, I'll pay you cash, was accepted no problem.
Yes Tess booked into The Radisson no problems there. Rang me crying from a coinbox panicking, no signal from mobile .Said staff were so rude at Ramada Encore told her they wouldnt get a hotel without a credit card. Well that was enough to set me off ,eventually got on to this so called manager and told her in no uncertain terms what i thought of their customer service ,and how i will be rating their hotel . Ok to have a go at me but dont touch my kids. All this for a football match .,deep breaths !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Bebs

Tess

Fuming
OMG, awful, surely to God cash is good to pay with, any probs they have your credit card details are on their system as it was in the booking I made. I can't understand it, I know many companies have policies they cannot veer from but this does sound a bit harsh, young person standing in a strange place out of their comfort zone and with the appropriate amount in cash. Like you Bebs I would be fuming and would have given them tuppence worth and to scare the girl like that by saying no other hotel would take them, whatever happened to customer service.
I'm sure you were off the head both in worry and in temper, I would have been too.
I'm afraid I would have been out on my ear too as I don't even have a credit card!!!!
Is she alright Bebs now, did they get accommodation okay ???

bebs

Fuming
Yes thanks Tess , they booked into The Radisson .My chest and neck were roaring red with temper ,have calmed down a little since she was on to say they were ok. Ironic thing about it her boyfriend was part of a syndicate that won lotto recently , and hasnt a credit card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Bebs

alison09400

Fuming
Total disgrace.....you were just right to ring up and give her a piece of your mind bebs. Not everyone uses credit cards and prefer to work with cash.

In Istanbul paying cash will get you a discount in many hotels...I'm sure most of Turkey's the same.

When did cash not become acceptable??

Guz1

Fuming
Very common in America for businesses like hotels and car rental companies to deal in credit cards only. Suppose it's the way of the future in Europe. Was there anything on the website to say they wouldn't take cash payments?

Tess

Fuming
Great Bebs , glad to hear it, phew, regardless of their age, we still worry ourselves sick.
Like you Alison I too wonder when cash became unacceptable, seems unreal they would not accept cash, particulary in the current climate I would have thought they would have broken arms for it, wish I had a lorry load of it and then we'll see LOL!!

PS Bebs, well done Daughters boyfriend, lotto win, good on him, well done.

Last edited:

bebs

Fuming
No Maria booked with the site Late Rooms several times before, never a problem until now .Guy has been on from Late Rooms Site saying they could book in now ,told him services no longer required (not as polite as that) --Bebs

Guz1

Fuming
We often use Late Rooms for our football trips. Thanks for the info.

Terrible having to sort out last minute accommodation......tell your daughter I have a spare tshirt for that. Hope it was a good match.

Maisie

Fuming
Opposite view. A few years ago I got the renewal notice on my car insurance. When I rang them to pay, they said they could not take renewals by credit card. Wanted a cheque or direct debit! They said if I wanted to pay by credit card, I had to cancel my insurance, then speak to their "new business" department and start a new policy. I could pay for this by credit card. I had been with them for about twenty years.

Needless to say I told them what they could do with their insurance - and went elsewhere. Maisie

ted j

Fuming
Weirdly enough, the opposite happened to us, our daughter Tracy had provisionally booked us into a hotel in Llandudno for our silver wedding present. when we arrived there (she'd driven us down there), the manageress ( a female Basil Fawlty) wouldn't accept her credit card, even though she'd said over the phone that she would. So Tracy had to go to an ATM and draw the cash out. Anyway we had a brilliant weekend (love the Welsh). Ted

bebs

Fuming
Her boyfriend has Lazer card but not credit card.They had all of my details on file if there was a problem ...........Bebs

Guz1

Fuming
At least they won't miss the match. On one trip I spent all night on the ferry in stormy weather. Never got past Holyhead.

CJD

Fuming
Glad its sorted bebs, you've got me wondering now
as I've just made a booking through hotels.com for
2 hotel rooms for tomorrow night in Bournemouth my
partner & son are fitting signs down there on Monday
morning. I have confirmation by email and the rooms
are paid for on the company credit card, the transaction
went through whilst I was on the phone but reading
this I recall the girl saying they would need a credit card
I'll call them in the morning because the credit card is in
my name, and I'm not going!!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Fuming
i had a similar problem with virgin trains booking a ticket for my son from london to go
back home. They required him to produce my card to get his ticket. Strange thing was they wouldn;t guarentee the price if he paid cash at the station.

The internet does have bargains but sometimes at a price !

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Fuming
At some Hotels the credit card is only to hold the room for you , ...Then you pay by card when you arrive , Once a travelodge wouldn't accept cash from me saying it was for security reasons , ....incase they got robbed !! So now i ask at the time of booking ,
They seem to have different policys , my biggest problem is the ones that don't take dogs !!!! ................Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom